Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
if your going dali-unico then i would think the copland would fit very well. As I say I only heard current model, to analytical for me, brain cann't cope, and the dam think took an age to sort out what disc it had- CD CDR, in fact one disc took that long I thought I must have slipped it a black 12" one (disc ya spanner) But it sounds fine if thats the way you want to go, stacks of detail, but i just felt that the detail was at the expense of drive, couple of paul wella tracks that need timing and drive were pale imitations of themselves. I think the copland would probably sit well in front of MF amps. It was strapped to a pair of spendours which didn't help for me as I find the bass a bit slow, (ducks and wait's for the shit to fly)

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Power supplies are those two blue boxes in the top left. A bit like Sony (or some Jap) supplies - R-Core's I think (not toroids).

Thanks for the info re' the Dali's Duvet/Wiggers. Looking to move on from my Dyn's at some point. Want some big ass floorstanders. Dali's seem to fit the bill. Just wonder how they'd compare to my Dyn's...

E

Effem

The power supply is the board at top left with the 2 big blue blocks on it.

Yep this Copland has been a couple of times around now and it's buyers keeping their hands in their pockets in the run up to xmas and not the quality of of the player or the asking pricethat's the issue.

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
the power supply is the two blue things top left its called encapsulated
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

there is a thread where I asked about

good points very quiet no hum

bad points ? not sure

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Effem wrote:

Yep this Copland has been a couple of times around now and it's buyers keeping their hands in their pockets in the run up to xmas and not the quality of of the player or the asking pricethat's the issue.
pray.gif.84955f3b1709939cd9186fd2e3d88a8e.gif
:upgrade:
:upgrade:

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Picard wrote:

naim to copland. mmm. try densen.
I know it's a huge change in presentation. Quite nervous but it's only a box, if i get it at a good price (and i don't intend getting it any other way) then I can sell it on without loss.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
wiggers old chap. I have the CD266... I love it. I bought it soecifically to fill the following criteria.

Sound as close as possible to vinyl replay

Solid life long engineering

understated but good looks (like it's owner of course)

Had to fit in with my system sound (detailed, but not harsh or with excessive Bass, excellent dynamics and imaging)

If that sounds like what you want, you'll not be sorry, but it's not an in yer face, screaming detail type of thing. You are right about resale tho... they do hold their value fine.

Hope you buy and love it. Needs about 24 hours run in before the virtues shine thru, so be patient!

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Picard, i understand it may not do it for me. May buy it blind as rockmeister is right, they are a good re-sell option. Those that like em, love em etc.

Rockmeister, it sounds like an interesting punt. Will let you know how I get on.
biggrin.png

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
rockmiesters report on Copland is very good, I have heard his model too very nice its well built nice sounding kit at a decent price I have gone from CDX2 and having now got use to the sound I can say for sure I would not swap this for anything in the Naim range cdx2 with power supply or even the new 555 no way very happy

and best of all no fucking puck to fall inside or funny noise when closing the door :dude:

I think to upgrade again it would have to be something new and fancy from Copland or Wadia or Krell top of the range no need to leave it plug in all the time built to a high quality so not needing "Shims" under feet to stop it rocking as naim sometimes need rca and balanced built like a tank wish I had tried them years ago

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Davewhityetagain wrote

and best of all no fucking puck to fall inside or funny noise when closing the door :dude:
This is the only reason for the sale of the Naim. I love the sound it makes. If peeps can be bothered with the hassle it's a great player, and at £300.00 it's an affordable entry into the Naim sound.
biggrin.png

Glad you're loving the Copland dave, what model do you have btw?

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Christ PayPal is driving me nuts. It won't let me pay the guy until I am verified. Which can take 2 or 3 days. It wants to check my Banl details. I was intending using a credit card FFS.

Oh well have to wait a couple of days longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Today's Birthdays

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.