Aurally Satisfied
Wammer
Jan 15, 2009
Remote
AKA
Varies by deed poll
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looking forward to all the feedback on this DACoff once complete due to the list of intriguing DACs like the Phasure.

I agree with fourlegs regarding differences between DAVE and DirectStream DAC - in my system, they are not remotely the same. So long as the system is resolving enough (particularly in the bass), I cannot see how anybody would say these are similar.

Hap Hazzard

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 26, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Spoke to Colin at Chevron Audio today, he is currently evaluating a new prototype DAC he has built/ building don't know what it is yet (cloak and dagger stuff)  xD  so it may make an appearance if he is happy with the working progress nearer the date.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spen ago

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 23, 2012
Warwickshire
AKA
Spencer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
bugger committed that weekend - I have a new Brooklyn DAC+ that's not been out to play yet  :(
That’s a shame, quite fancy one of those as part of headphone rig.

would be interested to know what you think of the included amp. 

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That’s a shame, quite fancy one of those as part of headphone rig.

would be interested to know what you think of the included amp. 
Not a fan of the headphone output so far, there again I have a very fine Schiit valve head amp so would never get used really, not sure that I will  use the pre amp features as at present my Musical Fidelity A5 integrated full fills those duties but who knows  . . .  :whistle:

ziggy

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 11, 2017
Cardiff
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I now also have the new Chord Hugo Mscaler so I can bring that to be compared to the Blu Mk2 Mscaler.
As a Qutest owner I would be interested in how it performs with the Mscaler. The Qutest manual says it will drastically improve SQ.

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
As a Qutest owner I would be interested in how it performs with the Mscaler. The Qutest manual says it will drastically improve SQ.
I will bring the Dave, Blu Mk2 MScaler and Hugo MScaler. As mentioned though I would like to escape sooner rather than later so I can be home to something that was a prior arrangement. If I can have early slot or even the first it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Nick

ian917

Status Unknown
Wammer
Aug 4, 2018
North Warwickshire
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I will bring the Dave, Blu Mk2 MScaler and Hugo MScaler. As mentioned though I would like to escape sooner rather than later so I can be home to something that was a prior arrangement. If I can have early slot or even the first it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, Nick
You can open the show in the 11:30 -12:30 slot. 

Hap Hazzard

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 26, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Ian,

Got your email details etc.  thanks.  :^

I think Colin is bringing his Newly designed prototype dac, he says he'll finish it this week.He has also made adjustments to mine, still not sure what they are yet, guess I'll find out Sunday.  xD  So it will be a day of new things I think.

• Upvote
Reactions: ian917

Hap Hazzard

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 26, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looking forward to tomorrow.  :D  There will be some great DAC's strutting their stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ian917

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online