Densen - Lifetime Warranty ?

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
It only applies to the first owner, and I think you have to cover some of the shipping costs but other than that I don't think there is one.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
who's life...yours, or the 'expected and reasonable life of the product' with modern electronics, a court might well decide that that was five years.

I have an Orvis fishing rod, that has a guarantee worth having. I can stamp on it, drop it, shut it in a car door, sink it, lose it, axe it, burn it or eat the phu....er and they'll give me a brand new one no matter how many years have elapsed. When I'm 99, I'm going to test this out:)

MartinC

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
rockmeister wrote:

who's life...yours, or the 'expected and reasonable life of the product' with modern electronics, a court might well decide that that was five years.I have an Orvis fishing rod, that has a guarantee worth having. I can stamp on it, drop it, shut it in a car door, sink it, lose it, axe it, burn it or eat the phu....er and they'll give me a brand new one no matter how many years have elapsed. When I'm 99, I'm going to test this out:)
As I understand it from a dealer Densen are pretty good and don't pick about this. If something goes wrong with there stuff they care about this and there reputation and want to fix it. They used to have an official 5 year warranty IIRC, but essentially if a customer contacted them about a fault after this they'd fix it anyway. Hence they decided to go to stating a lifetime warranty. Their CD players are I guess the only items they're likely to get many returns on?

Sony6million

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
United Kingdom
I was considering the B-150 amp and noted their good warranty. But then there is no way I will have the same amp in 30 years let alone 5 lol

T.white

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 31, 2005
South Wales, , Unite
rockmeister wrote:

who's life...yours, or the 'expected and reasonable life of the product' with modern electronics, a court might well decide that that was five years.I have an Orvis fishing rod, that has a guarantee worth having. I can stamp on it, drop it, shut it in a car door, sink it, lose it, axe it, burn it or eat the phu....er and they'll give me a brand new one no matter how many years have elapsed. When I'm 99, I'm going to test this out:)
I'd just love to see the face of the employee who took it in from you, if you could return it in a bit of a tatty statepersonally at the age of 99...:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I bet they'd look like...
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
:shock:

That's a similar look to the one an uncle of mine got, when calling into his local insurance broker. Hewas looking tore-insure the van used in his business, S. Mills and son, greengrocer. My uncle was 70 at the time.

The young broker enquired "Yes sir, certainly, for yourself and your son?"

To which my uncle replied, "no, for myself and my father"

The broker then asked, "and how old is your father sir?"

My uncle replied, "93":rofl:

That is as true as I'm sitting here right now, crazy innit?

I wish I was there though.
cool.gif.9d6c72c555b38e519336a6d9b55ca875.gif

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I bought a secondhand Densen DP Drive phono stage a few years ago. It developed a fault so i e-mailed Densen. I posted it to them and they fixed it without hesitation, they even paid for the return postage. Excellent service.

boseman

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 23, 2005
Here., ,
Hawk wrote:

It only applies to the first owner...
Bryston have a 25 year warranty with the same deal - i.e. 1st owner only.

How many audiophools keep their kit for 25 years or a lifetime?

In practice, this warranty will usuallybe active for 1 -5 years,until the unit is sold. So, there's no real difference between this & most other manufacturers...

...unless you intend to keep the item for a long, long time.

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Jasper wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up Phil. I owe you a :mmmm:. I'm thinking of auditioning the 400XS cdp, seems it's well liked by those that have heard it.
No problem mate, i'm chuffed the recommendation worked out for you.

Think the 400XSis a great cdp- although i doubt it'll be a significant upgrade over your Art (which is no slouch)

Jasper

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
In the country, , Un
boseman wrote

In practice, this warranty will usuallybe active for 1 -5 years,until the unit is sold. So, there's no real difference between this & most other manufacturers...
Yes it's a very good marketing tool but I suspect that Densen gear might be kept longer than average, it doesn't come up s/h that often. And it does give peace of mind to know that if it goes wrong it'll be fixed even the dealer goes out of business.

It also suggests that Densen are pretty confident about reliability too.

Jasper

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
In the country, , Un
Papa Lazarou wrote:

Think the 400XSis a great cdp- although i doubt it'll be a significant upgrade over your Art (which is no slouch)
You're probably right Phil. Have my Densen rose-tinted spectacles on at the moment. After all my amp tribulations it's just a relief to just be able to listen to the music.

harv

Hard working slacker
Wammer Plus
Jan 5, 2006
deepest S.London, ,
AKA
erm... guess
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Papa Lazarou wrote:

Jasper wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up Phil. I owe you a :mmmm:. I'm thinking of auditioning the 400XS cdp, seems it's well liked by those that have heard it.
No problem mate, i'm chuffed the recommendation worked out for you.

What is the Art like... I haven't quite fallen in love with the Classe and pondering a change... heard it once at show thought it was v nice... is it reliable ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.