Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Isle of Wight, UK
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's the Trampolin base like this:
Actually, you get a better picture of what is going on with the suspension by looking at the Urika and Urika II pictures in the phono stages section of the Linn website.

Perhaps I should've gone for the other one?? : )
I don't think so. There are differing views, but usually the Trampolin is the better option to go for. But it is intended to be placed on a rigid table or shelf.

David

Reactions: eddiel

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Lingo 4 is built into the LP12, with a separate power supply 'brick', so, unlike its predecessors, does not have any feet of its own. Were you referring to an earlier version of the Lingo than the 4?

David
I was just able to confirm that he has placed the Isoacoustic Oreas under the external power supply “brick” with significant improvements in sound quality.

DavidHB

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Isle of Wight, UK
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was just able to confirm that he has placed the Isoacoustic Oreas under the external power supply “brick” with significant improvements in sound quality.
Well, I've heard a thing or two in my time, but that pretty much takes the biscuit. Would my laptop run faster if I put some Oreas under its 'brick', I wonder? Did your friend mention which way up he placed the brick? :)  

David

Last edited by a moderator:

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well, I've heard a thing or two in my time, but that pretty much takes the biscuit. Would my laptop run faster if I put some Oreas under its 'brick', I wonder?

David
Quite possibly.  😂

The thing about these isolation devices is that you have to try them in your system to see if it works. He noted a substantial improvement with the power supply for his Lingo, but not when he placed it under his Akurate DSM, on his Quadraspire Rack. Whereas my Akurate Hub benefits with the Oreas on my BDI HiFi cabinet 

mskaye

mskaye
Wammer
Jul 8, 2019
US
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
The LP12 sounds best on a low dedicated  light rigid support or mounted on a dedicated wall stand to a solid wall.  I’d get the tv off the same support as the LP12 and mount the tv to the wall at a height where the gear below it is not blocking the view of the tv.  I would not use Oreas with the LP12.
Getting my LP12 onto a Target wall shelf was a massive improvement to the overall lower noise floor and musicality of my LP12.  Never have to worry about foot falls again and everything was blacker and clearer.   

Andyt916

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 27, 2020
Hertfordshire, UK
AKA
Andrew
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would be sceptical about this, but, then again, I was sceptical about the difference which way up the felt mat was until I tried it out. So, maybe we shouldn't dismiss it. The difference here of course is that it's ~£200 to try it out.

Reactions: Paulssurround

John76

Wammer
Aug 14, 2020
USA
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hey All

Just wondering if anyone has used any other feet on their LP12 which might also work or if anyone has any thoughts about using the above just in case it makes anything worse isolation wise with the LP12. :)
This wouldn’t work unless you had a very solid support and the correct absorption platform underneath but I use a modified solid Linn. Baseboard with brass cones bolted to it.  
LiMAuCz.jpg

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There's a welders shop a short walk from my house. I might take my Mana rack in and see if he can build a similar version but one with out the extra glass shelf level (like the one I posted earlier). Perhaps if they can me one where i can make the lower part the top shelf it will give me enough clearance up top
Worth getting a quotation. You could even get it powder coated. 
Personally, I’d make up a short table with a piece of 12mm plywood and some short blocks for legs, to clear the tv stand. That would be lighter than a steel version and probably a lot cheaper.

’troll

Reactions: eddiel and ThomasOK

Paulssurround

Space Explorer
Wammer
Oct 11, 2018
Vancouver
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I would be sceptical about this, but, then again, I was sceptical about the difference which way up the felt mat was until I tried it out. So, maybe we shouldn't dismiss it. The difference here of course is that it's ~£200 to try it out.
Isoacoustic’s also sells a professional line of Orea like devices called ISO Pucks, which are actually less expensive than the audiophile version. They seem to work just as well, and look almost identical. They are sold through Musical equipment stores, that sell guitars, studio monitors and the like. The ISO Pucks sell in packages of 2, and the ISO Puck Mini’s sell in packages of 8. I bought quite a few yesterday from a music equipment store

‘The Lingo power supply ”brick”could benefit from just two pucks under the chassis of the brick. Three pucks would be even better.

7208C6F0-AE3F-448C-ACD2-A4786677C46B.jpeg

FFCC4B69-7433-45B7-8D52-4B8A3FF4485E.jpeg

Reactions: Tendaberry

eddiel

Wammer
New Wammer
Sep 27, 2009
London, , United Kin
Worth getting a quotation. You could even get it powder coated. 
Personally, I’d make up a short table with a piece of 12mm plywood and some short blocks for legs, to clear the tv stand. That would be lighter than a steel version and probably a lot cheaper.

’troll
I think I'll probably go the plywood route. Other than plywood, any other wood that might work? 

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think I'll probably go the plywood route. Other than plywood, any other wood that might work? 
Anything really. Some might say avoid MDF, but many of the turntable tables use just this with a coating or laminate. Quadraspire  use bamboo and many on here recommended the IKEA Aptitlig bamboo chopping boards under equipment. Some use oak. I only mentioned ply as it would be a cheap option and is a reasonably uniform product. 

’troll

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: eddiel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online