For sale-B&W

A

adam

I didn't know B&W were up for sale,anyone want to buy them?

G

Sounds like a job for

bogart.jpg

Dave Whitter Private Dick

M

murray johnson

B&W are a much bigger company than Tannoy. Possibly the second largest speaker company in the world after Bose.

Crustyloafer

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Edinburgh, , United
I just spoke to B&W who have informed me that the company is not up for sale at all. What is actually happening is that the finance company that they have a loan with is selling the loan onto someone else but the company itself IS NOT FOR SALE.

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
B&W are playing with words the company that owns the loans, owns the company, the company selling has been a "hands" off company

a company that buys it might be more hands on, they can do as they please

B&W are I suspect the biggest speaker company in the world

how B&W is run in the future depends on what the new investor wants for his dosh

would love to know how the person had the cheek to say they are not for sale

will call on Monday, as far as I know there has not been much interest and the way the report is worded gives very little away as to how they are doing
wink.png

M

Mr Coherent

In all fairness considering the average performing over priced products they make, its open for a big debate
biggrin.png

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
Mr Coherent wrote:

In all fairness considering the average performing over priced products they make, its open for a big debate
biggrin.png
:lmao: still, its got to be worth at least a tenner? Mind you I think i'd rather save that for the new muse album instead :lwink:

M

murray johnson

Its a huge business though Mr C and they own their own distribution in the larger markets. While I'm not a fan of their products I have a great deal of respect for them as a company and particularly for their sales & marketing efforts. I imagine that it's difficult to maintain a good reputation with a product range that embraces entry level and ahem 'aspirational' high end products yet they've managed it.

They must be feeling the pinch now though with all of the low cost, improving quality stuff their competition are sourcing from China. They've resisted going down that road for a long time.

M

Mr Coherent

Murray

Yes they turn over around the £98m mark a year, fairly slick operation, lots of marketing etc, but average products imo

Though in recent months I *believe* Audio T having been selling an awful lot less of them, with only a couple of their dealing now stocking them.

Big Business has to adapt and go with the markets changes and trends (Ideally keep ahead), those that don't will be gone. 2 dealers last week bit the bullet, I feel they will not be the last this year.

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
murray johnson wrote:

They must be feeling the pinch now though with all of the low cost, improving quality stuff their competition are sourcing from China. They've resisted going down that road for a long time.
You've probably hit the nail on the head... Being one of the big boys they must be feeling the pressure. I imagine once you have set up the resource and supply chain to deliver their level of volume, its not easy to scale down..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.