GoldenSound is back - Woo WA33 headphone amp

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
+1
Links like the OP are not what we're about especially where there is no preamble from the poster as to why the link has been posted.
YouTube links should only be used to direct people to music or as an illustrative tool as part of an ongoing discussion or to provide technical information following a request for such.
Simply posting the latest chunterings of your current favourite does not achieve this, and smacks more of collusion in a commercial activity.

Last edited:

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don't know about others, but I find posts that consist of nothing other than a link to a site, or video, to be tedious. The owner of the destination site will often benefit financially from increased site traffic. This might lead me to think that posts such as this are financially motivated.
Oooooh

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just couldn't spend 10k on a device called a 'Woo', even if Golden Shower says it's good.

I honestly would love to know who bought this, and sent it to him to make this video considering he 'claims' not to accept sponsorship..very much like Amir, but they both have donations links on their site.

Politicians backhander - I wont formally do something to you, but if you do what I ask, then I'll donate to your fund.

All a bit Russian innit :)

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I just couldn't spend 10k on a device called a 'Woo', even if Golden Shower says it's good.

I honestly would love to know who bought this, and sent it to him to make this video considering he 'claims' not to accept sponsorship..very much like Amir, but they both have donations links on their site.

Politicians backhander - I wont formally do something to you, but if you do what I ask, then I'll donate to your fund.

All a bit Russian innit :)
Would you buy a piece of Schiit though?

Woo audio are well respected in the OTL headphone amp world. Not heard one myself have to admit as I like Eufonika which are cheaper, a European cottage industry and probably sound as good if not better.

• Haha
Reactions: TheFlash

Southeastern

The '59 Sound
Wammer
Nov 26, 2019
South East
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Would you buy a piece of Schiit though?

Woo audio are well respected in the OTL headphone amp world. Not heard one myself have to admit as I like Eufonika which are cheaper, a European cottage industry and probably sound as good if not better.

Tbf theres not a lot I'd pay £10k for a single component in the Hifi world unless it came with a harem of Geishas who will fan me while I peruse the latest Tidal releases :)

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Didn't see the price as I didn't bother clicking the link! Is Harem the correct collective noun for a group of Geishas??

JamieMcC

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 25, 2013
Isle of Wight
AKA
Jamie
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I don't know about others, but I find posts that consist of nothing other than a link to a site, or video, to be tedious. The owner of the destination site will often benefit financially from increased site traffic. This might lead me to think that posts such as this are financially motivated.

Agree I would be happy for moderators to start deleting such threads.

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I will be ignoring you full stop make some sort of comment even if it is only to say you like or dislike the item . If we wanted to know Golden Showers view on anything we would follow his you tube posts .I don't and do not want details of what he says much rather comments from Wammers who have the item and let you know about it .

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It is a very expensive headphone amp. I would never be buying it myself unless I won the lottery. Not one of my favourite GoldenSounds reviews (purely because it's not something I am interested in at present) but it was just good to see him back after 2 1/2 months of silence. Also, though, I do like how he shows the equipment he's used to review products with - and he has most of it sitting there for you to see.

Another thing - does anyone know how he gets the sound from his headphones into the video? Does he have some sort of microphone attached inside the ear cups?

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I now have the OP on ignore so with any luck my life will now be free of the golden shysters chuntering.

• Upvote
Reactions: Blzebub

Warszawa

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Mar 12, 2013
UK
AKA
Joe
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For the conspiracy theorists, Goldensound won't make any Adsense revenue from videos such as this one, where he uses real music (if you can call it that. Not to my taste, I'll admit) to demonstrate what he's talking about. He's the only Hi-Fi Youtuber I know of that does this, which is quite admirable. He's also made it clear that this is a hobby and any Patreon money goes into gear for review which is then sold and re-invested.

I don't know why I feel the need to keep stating the obvious in this guys defence to be honest. I'm just a little perplexed as to why a few people on here seem to have it in for him, usually without even watching his videos or having any understanding of what he does. There are far more contentious Youtubers to get angry about.

All that said, it is a bit odd, and somehow provocative just to start threads with a Youtube review, presented without comment.

Miller-8

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 6, 2005
Midlothian, UK
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For the conspiracy theorists, Goldensound won't make any Adsense revenue from videos such as this one, where he uses real music (if you can call it that. Not to my taste, I'll admit) to demonstrate what he's talking about. He's the only Hi-Fi Youtuber I know of that does this, which is quite admirable. He's also made it clear that this is a hobby and any Patreon money goes into gear for review which is then sold and re-invested.

I don't know why I feel the need to keep stating the obvious in this guys defence to be honest. I'm just a little perplexed as to why a few people on here seem to have it in for him, usually without even watching his videos or having any understanding of what he does. There are far more contentious Youtubers to get angry about.

All that said, it is a bit odd, and somehow provocative just to start threads with a Youtube review, presented without comment.
I was merely hoping to start discussion on the item being reviewed. I was not looking for the sort of comments that resulted, however. I find it very disappointing that certain individuals on here see fit to tear into others merely because they did not agree with a previous review. I find that sort of behaviour quite repulsive.

And I'm not the sort of person who is scared off from posting by these type of trolls. And no I don't care if you put me on "ignore".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Southeastern

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online