Wammer
Feb 17, 2007
Hampstead, London UK
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Well have now got them....

First thoughts, bigger than I expected, nice finish although could do with a bit flem and mr sheen, sound reasonable straight out of the box, high's better than the P6's, base a bit slow but vary early days (20 mins so far). Finish matches walls but not all of my furniture but will get used to.

Between last post and now I have also picked up early 80's B&O turntable for 16 quid plus postage off eBay ! I know its not a LP12 or Rega but for my small collection it should do fine and does look very stylish.

Back after a few days run in !

Uncle Bob

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 23, 2005
, , United Kingdom
I see you've decided to keep them then
wink.png

I'm just worried I might have got ones with the faulty x-overs
icon_redface.gif.eb51a1f92a0314cdfc14dd3cb4473da1.gif

flapland

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 17, 2007
Hampstead, London UK
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi fellow user. I did decide to keep them as they already sound as good as my B&W P6's and I have only run them in for 30 or so hours.

Currently listing to Zero7 Simple Things and I must admit I nearly too chilled to type..

Paul

Dannish

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Basingstoke, , Unite
AKA
Andy
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
flapland wrote:

Hi fellow user. I did decide to keep them as they already sound as good as my B&W P6's and I have only run them in for 30 or so hours. Currently listing to Zero7 Simple Things and I must admit I nearly too chilled to type..

Paul
Aresult then. congrats!
biggrin.png

flapland

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 17, 2007
Hampstead, London UK
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I picked up the birch ones as they are the ones with the large discount the others only have 50 quid of RRP where has the birch ones are 350 quid off RRP

Bit of bargin in my opnion.

flapland

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 17, 2007
Hampstead, London UK
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Wow Uncle your right, look like they only have Cherry(Cider) and Black in stock at full price. Glad I lost the plot and ordered even before the good review in Hifi Choice.

Anyway need to chill to some nice Toons before I go to bed.

Tat tar for now

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The good review in HFC may be part of the reason they are back up to full price.

robin

Good bye
Wammer Plus
Dec 6, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
i bought a pair for £375 direct from factory off eBay in dec and they are great im sure you will love em but do take a while to run in the tweaters will sound very bright but they do settle down after bout 100 hours

Gliding Dutchman

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2007
Lydenburg, , South A
Well,

I just got a set of P6's this week and I love them from the first minute!

Treble is crystal clear - bit 'agressive' at some passages, mids is just 'airy' and heavenly and bass is nice and tight (and very deep!). Very content.

I upgraded from KEF C55's... (if you can call it an upgrade!)

Driving them with my QUAD mkII tube amps and they are great together.

GD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online