Have most ticked their bucket list equipment yet, or are there still itches to scratch?

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I suspect the active speaker building itch will be one that I will be scratching for some time now!
Just listening to the latest iteration - same speaker drivers/cabs as I took to Stoke but now with home-built single board analogue 3-way active crossovers + chipamp (LM3886) power stages. Sounding very nice indeed this morning.

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just listening to the latest iteration - same speaker drivers/cabs as I took to Stoke but now with home-built single board analogue 3-way active crossovers + chipamp (LM3886) power stages. Sounding very nice indeed this morning.
One of the times I spoke to you at a Wam show Tony, I thought you said you where done with all this buying and changing equipment :) You recently bought a £500 DSP haven't you :D

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
One of the times I spoke to you at a Wam show Tony, I thought you said you where done with all this buying and changing equipment :) You recently bought a £500 DSP haven't you :D
Indeed...that was what I was using at the Stoke show - works very well! I think I may have meant I was done with buying commercial amps & speakers - DIY doesn't count 🤣

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think we are all DIY experts on here in one form or another :D

I could actually do with one of those fancy DSP units myself, just haven't quite found the perfect match for me yet.

Reactions: Tony_J

CnoEvil

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Northern Ireland
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Realistically - I have my endgame system, as it is just too much money to get a worthwhile improvement.

If however, I won the lottery:

Linn Klimax Organic DS/DSM

MF Nu Vista 800

TonTraeger Stands

Cardas Clear Beyond Cables

Tasteful Room Treatment

Reactions: newlash09

JAD

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 5, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
When my mortgage is paid off , there might be a few itches that will be scratched. 3.5 years and counting. A21 se signature being number 1 on the list

Reactions: hifinutt

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I enjoy swapping around and changing for the fun of it, so I don't really have a bucket list for buying things. I had a mental 'things I want to try in the system' list, but I've crossed all those off, except the ones I couldn't justify spending on.

The 'real' bucket list now comprises a near endless number of build projects. What really belongs at the top of the bucket list is finding the time to do it all :(

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There are systems that I would like to hear definitely but at wammers homes not at dealers.

Would love to hear:

a pair of Tannoys (most likely Legacy) preferably with a valve amp.

An Audio Note system with ANJs and Audio Note amps

Quad early electrostatics but not the newer stuff.

A pair of horns.

A large pair of vintage JBLs

I heard four different Wammers systems last week and it would be great to hear some more.

Last edited:

Ian

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Aug 27, 2008
United Kingdom
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A Radford Revival STA25 has been a desire for years and I'm now in the queue. Trouble is, realistically there's nowhere really to go after that.

Ady

Shoebox Ady. United by a love of music & equipment
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I heard four different Wammers systems last week and it would be great to hear some more.
You are welcome to hear my system if it appeals.
Cheers Ady

• Love
Reactions: DomT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online