George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

1667947368814.png

Audio Consultants will be hosting their Musical Event No. 6 at the Crescent Records, Swindon, Wiltshire on Saturday 3 December 2022.​

This will be a quite different Musical Event in that visitors will be able to see and hear a recording of a small jazz trio to take place at Crescent Records in their beautiful large space and then witness how recording engineer Damon Sawyer will mix and master that recording in his mastering suite. The final mix will be burned to a CDR which will then be played back in the same studio using an audio system set up by The Audio Consultants. At a later date, all attendees will be sent a CD of the recordings done during the day.

I believe such an event is unique from a dealer and allows people to go there and 're-calibrate' their views by hearing a live event, what the event sounds like on a good hifi system in the studio and then try that music in their own audio system.

As this is a live recording numbers will be limited, so apply quickly.

More details here:

https://www.audioconsultants.co.uk/the-audio-consultants-musical-event-no-6-3-december-2022

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'd be interested in the future sounds like a great event quite unique👍

Reactions: DomT

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It’s certainly an interesting event but the room probably isn’t the best for listening to HiFi. Curious to know what system they will use but even if a seriously good HiFi system expect the difference to be quite obvious.

Reactions: hiesteem

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It’s certainly an interesting event but the room probably isn’t the best for listening to HiFi. Curious to know what system they will use but even if a seriously good HiFi system expect the difference to be quite obvious.
Looks like a pretty good room I'd say. That ceiling will break up standing waves and there's plenty of treatment as well as some 'live' surfaces. In other words, much like 'real' rooms rather than an acoustically dead space.

A touch larger than most of our listening spaces though ;)

Last edited:

Strider

Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Looks like a pretty good room I'd say. That ceiling will break up standing waves and there's planty of treatment as well as some 'live' surfaces. In other words, much like 'ral' rooms rather than an acoustically dead space.

A touch larger than most of our listening spaces though ;)
I thought the same thing when I fist saw the picture, gorgeous venue with a perfect blend of materials and construction - I'd like a few shots of the control room too, if its of the same standard as the recording space then its obvious why they've been in business for so long.

Just checked out the mixing desk - oh my days, analogue pre's with digital mapping....

manisandher

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2013
Leamington Spa
AKA
Mani
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I hope they're not going to use the studio's Tascam DA-3000 for replay in the hifi system - it's good purely as a digital capturing device (that's how I use mine), but pretty crap as an ADC or DAC.

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Trust me guys the audio system is good as those lucky enough to get there will find out. I will take lots of images of the studio and equipment used.

And boy am I going to get into trouble now, but if you let the guys at Audio Consultants know you would like to go to a future event that may encourage them a bit. Please not via the phone but via e-mails then you never know.

Sorry Stephen.

Strider

Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Trust me guys the audio system is good as those lucky enough to get there will find out. I will take lots of images of the studio and equipment used.

And boy am I going to get into trouble now, but if you let the guys at Audio Consultants know you would like to go to a future event that may encourage them a bit. Please not via the phone but via e-mails then you never know.

Sorry Stephen.
Ooo George you're such a tease!
The usual epithet applies 'pictures or it never happened..":coffee:

Reactions: hiesteem

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just spoke to Stephen at Audio Consultants and due to demand (and pleading), he should be able to organise another session on Sunday 4th December 2022 in the morning. He is arranging the studio and musicians as we speak but it should be good to go. As before they are restricted to 10 people per session and they have already got 3 people wanting to go.

So go for it chaps or lose out.

Stephen would be grateful for those who have tickets if they could park on the road which is normally not that busy as the few parking spots at the studio are for the studio staff and they can be grumbly if people nick their car parking spots as I am sure @DomT and @Strider can testify.

Strider

Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm on a spell check roll today
Just spoke to Stephen at Audio Consultants and due to demand (and pleading), he should be able to organise another session on Sunday 4th December 2022 in the morning. He is arranging the studio and musicians as we speak but it should be good to go. As before they are restricted to 10 people per session and they have already got 3 people wanting to go.

So go for it chaps or lose out.

Stephen would be grateful for those who have tickets if they could park on the road which is normally not that busy as the few parking spots at the studio are for the studio staff and they can be grumbly if people nick their car parking spots as I am sure @DomT and @Strider can testify.
Nice one George, using your womanly charms on Stephen has worked a treat! If nothing gets in the way I'm up for a visit big time!

terrycym

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 6, 2011
North Hampshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've got a ticket for Saturday afternoon.
I'm hopping to take lots of pictures but I will use a quiet camera and ask for permission beforehand.
I expect the the hifi system used to replay the recording will cost something approaching 6 figures

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've got a ticket for Saturday afternoon.
I'm hopping to take lots of pictures but I will use a quiet camera and ask for permission beforehand.
I expect the the hifi system used to replay the recording will cost something approaching 6 figures
Excellento.......

Stephen has decided it would be best to use a system that people could actually afford so it may be below £10K. Still to be decided. I think it was because he did not want to bring along a 100kg speaker and a crane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.