Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Payment sent
smile.png

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

M

Mikeandvan

SOLD.  Many thanks to GLB, my living room is a lot less cluttered now!

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes thanks to Chris for helping out he's so good. Looking forward to hearing them again I had a pair a few years ago and liked them. I think I moved up to a pair of Ref Model 4s but they were too big for the room.

Tried the 2.2s later as well but there was something missing, I think I preferred the voicing of the originals, they were more "British" sounding. The Kef blurb for the .2 range said they were changed for international taste (the US market?).

They do like some watts up 'em despite being relatively sensitive.

Reactions: eddie-baby

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Out of interest Lawrence, how many pairs of speakers do you have now? And how did those big Ruarks turn out? 

Congrats on the new Kefs by the way, would have quite possibly taken a punt myself if I'd been closer. 

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Out of interest Lawrence, how many pairs of speakers do you have now? And how did those big Ruarks turn out? 

Congrats on the new Kefs by the way, would have quite possibly taken a punt myself if I'd been closer. 
Cheers Eddie I'm cutting down my Hifi to a value for money system as i don't have the time to appreciate anything costly. While experimenting I've ended up with pairs of both TDL and DIY Transmission lines and a pair of nice bookshelves by Mistral. Plus another pair of those little speakers I had at Kegworth that need repairing. Plus the two pairs up North.

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Doh only gone and committed to buy some Celestion A2s. Why do 2 pairs on my bucket list have to come along so close together?? Better get the ones I've got shifted pronto...

TDL Studio 2s for £300 anyone??

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Doh only gone and committed to buy some Celestion A2s. Why do 2 pairs on my bucket list have to come along so close together?? Better get the ones I've got shifted pronto...

TDL Studio 2s for £300 anyone??

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Doh only gone and committed to buy some Celestion A2s. Why do 2 pairs on my bucket list have to come along so close together?? Better get the ones I've got shifted pronto..
Don't worry Lawrence I do it all the time :D Trouble is some of the kit I buy now I just can't bear to part with either. 

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Fortunately a pair have just sold and the guy's helpfully driving over from Bristol to collect them today so the pressure's off a little.  Now if I can shift the TDLs within 2 weeks I can avoid having 3 pairs of floorstanders in the front room at once. Just 2 pairs and several big boxes with a TT, valve amp and pair of chunky standmounts  :)

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Which ones? Still got the Epos 22s I hope, I haven't forgotten how good they sounded at Scalford
emoji4.png
Yes, still have those Lawrence :) They're one of epos speakers finest, I just couldn't part with those. They didnt work great in that Scalford room actually but it was only about giving people a taste or a flavour and it was ok for that, but real fussy about rooms they are. The naim dac I bought since then really takes them further as well. 

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, still have those Lawrence :) They're one of epos speakers finest, I just couldn't part with those. They didnt work great in that Scalford room actually but it was only about giving people a taste or a flavour and it was ok for that, but real fussy about rooms they are. The naim dac I bought since then really takes them further as well. 
So what are the other 3??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online