Kegworth : Not a viable venue anymore

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The phono is already spread all over the bench again, because I had a brainwave, and breadboarding it suggests it may well work rather pleasantly. Once I've done that, it occurs to me that I haven't touched the preamp for a few years now, so that deserves a going over. There is also, of course, the nagging thought that I called the current DAC 'end game' if memory serves correctly. However, some unkind sod pointed me in the direction of a ladder resistor board.

And so it starts...
Indeed. I'm in the process of resurrecting a couple of 2-way mono active crossover boards to create a usable stereo active crossover - ordered up some bits from RS today to finish it off properly. 

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Gives me time to clad the second monitor and get the burnished finish on the balau 😁😁

Ive also got a rack build in mind and an interesting isolation platform setup to test out too 😱

Last edited by a moderator:

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've said it before, but it really is a bloody disease.

Anne and I sat down last night and listened to a few albums. Half the family were here at the weekend and had a listen, and I had a not-unknown guitar twanger here for a couple of hours at the weekend who also lent an ear. All of them agree that it's sounding damned good at the moment. For that matter, I think it's sounding damned good at the moment.

So obviously the first thing I'm going to do is start taking it apart again 🤣

Lurch

Piss-taker & Gobshite Par Excelle'nce
Wammer Plus
Sep 17, 2016
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for the heads up Danny, and also thanks to the team for making headway on potential venues. Not easy I know, I had enough trouble finding an AGM venue each year, with sufficient overnight accommodation for 35 hardcore members of a bike club I belonged to. 

Also, the Autumn venue gives me time to gather enough beer tokens, as pending an audition over Xmas, I may be blowing quite a few shekels on a piece of kit. Additionally I need to look into making some crates to transport the Summits to the new venue, assuming there will be a suitably sized room available for them to show off their talents. 

Last edited by a moderator:

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Funny but lots of the bikers that meet at the Scotch Piper in Lydiate all have quite decent systems so maybe they are one and the same thing ?

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Funny but lots of the bikers that meet at the Scotch Piper in Lydiate all have quite decent systems so maybe they are one and the same thing ?
How do they keep the speakers attached to their bikes...? :run:

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Is there any progress to report on the Wam show for 2022?
 This is where we are at :

So sad as it is, what we believe to be sensible decision has been taken to plan for a show in the early autumn.

Once we have come to a deal with one of the venues you will be informed, hopefully not too far into the New Year.

lindsayt

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 19, 2009
Huddersfield, , Unit
With the current Covid situation with record numbers of people catching it, and the uncertainty that this is bringing, right now would appear to be a good time to negotiate and tie-up an autumn 2022 week-end for a hi-fi show.

If the latest news is that there is no news, then that's fair enough.

If the latest news is that the opportunity has been taken to negotiate a good deal at a good venue, then that would be even better.

Reactions: steve 57

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online