Menmaatre Seti I
Wammer Plus
Feb 16, 2022
Gloucestershire
AKA
Seti I
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Does anyone know who King Charles's dealer is, or has been since he started using Linn equipment probably around 2002?

He (currently) for many decades lives very near me in Tetbury - I sometimes used to see the late Princess Diana many years ago shopping in the village. I have known all the local dealers and ex-dealers - around 50 mile radius, for 40 years or so, and spoken or used most of them with no-one saying they looked after his system.

He granted Linn Products a Royal Warrant as a tradesman and provider of entertainment systems to the (then) Prince of Wales and his household on 1st Jan 2002, and I 'assume' he uses his system at his (then) main Tetbury residence.

Does anyone know what his current system is and whether he is maybe looked after directly by Linn employees travelling from Glasgow?

The topic of him using a Linn system sometimes cropped up years ago on the old Linn forum, but no-one seemed to know much about what his system at that time comprised of.

In Memoriam:

Queen.jpg

Last edited:

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don’t think he went for anything special. I have a vague memory of being told it was a Classik with something like Tukans. I suspect that Linn supplied and installed it. They did with the system on the QEII.

’troll

Jail4CEOs2

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
AKA
LG G2 65 OLED
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Isn't hereditary monarchy great! Here is something that just fills my heart with pride seeing my prime minister swearing allegiance to hairs. So great!

Imseti

Menmaatre Seti I
Wammer Plus
Feb 16, 2022
Gloucestershire
AKA
Seti I
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I seem to recall reading somewhere that Highgrove House had a Knekt system installed, but perhaps I’m misremembering.
That sounds more realistic to me than a previous poster saying he only had a Classik and some cheap Linn speakers.

I haven't looked up the exact terms of where a Royal Warrant is awarded by either the Prince of Wales crest, or The Monarch's crest - the two Warrants remaining still after The Queen Mother and Prince Philip's deaths, but I need to research further whether a purchase of something such as Moomintroll is suggesting is sufficient to have a lifetime Royal Warrant.

Note: I have never ever seen Linn Products use the famous crest on their website, their products, or their paperwork, where other companies proudly adorn at least their websites with the appropriate crest.

Jail4CEOs2

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
AKA
LG G2 65 OLED
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
That sounds more realistic to me than a previous poster saying he only had a Classik and some cheap Linn speakers.

I haven't looked up the exact terms of where a Royal Warrant is awarded by either the Prince of Wales crest, or The Monarch's crest - the two Warrants remaining still after The Queen Mother and Prince Philip's deaths, but I need to research further whether a purchase of something such as Moomintroll is suggesting is sufficient to have a lifetime Royal Warrant.

Note: I have never ever seen Linn Products use the famous crest on their website, their products, or their paperwork, where other companies proudly adorn at least their websites with the appropriate crest.
I'd have to imagine that if mortal wives object to hifi setups in bourgeois homes, you are not going to get it past royal curators. The Classik/Kan setup does make sense given it's unobtrusiveness. Scots might not want to associate with the Saxe-Coburg thang, plus the cost?

Imseti

Menmaatre Seti I
Wammer Plus
Feb 16, 2022
Gloucestershire
AKA
Seti I
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I said I'd get back after some research:

According to the Royal Warrant Holders Association, Linn Products have never held a Royal Warrant from the former Prince of Wales (Now King Charles III).

This would explain as I said in a previous post, why Linn have never used his crest on their website, their products, or their paperwork.

See here, preset for The Prince of Wales' Warrants (hundreds), and enter 'Linn Products'. Result zero.

https://www.royalwarrant.org/directory?f[0]=field_warrants%3Afield_grantor:3945
It 'seems' that Linn's Wikipedia page stating in detail what their Warrant is exactly for is entirely false. Linn should have corrected this false claim. I know that Linn (Gilad particularly) used to monitor this page and the LP12 part particularly, with his edit wars concerning who the 'disputed' designer of the LP12 was (long story).

Gilad used to post on the old Linn forum unreasonably IMO asking members to help him fight the constant claims and edits by people saying that the LP12 was designed by Ariston was it? I can't remember now as I gave up interest/ditched my LP12 30 years ago. It's up to him, Ivor and Linn Products to fight their own cause and not ask forum members to do it.

See here for Linn's Wiki page, scroll down somewhat.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linn_Products
I will caveat what seems to be the case with 'allegedly'.

heimo

Naimless
Wammer
Sep 14, 2020
Vienna, Austria EU
AKA
Heimo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This undated document lists Linn Products Ltd. as a holder of a Royal Warrant, whereas the search function does not return a hit. I conclude that a Warrant existed at some time in the past and was terminated or has expired.

Maybe His Royal Highness switched to Naim instead?

Reactions: Imseti

Imseti

Menmaatre Seti I
Wammer Plus
Feb 16, 2022
Gloucestershire
AKA
Seti I
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This undated document lists Linn Products Ltd. as a holder of a Royal Warrant, whereas the search function does not return a hit. I conclude that a Warrant existed at some time in the past and was terminated or has expired.

Maybe His Royal Highness switched to Naim instead?
Interesting observation.
EDIT: FYI, the document you refer to is coded with the date 5th Jan 2018.

Last edited:

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
How interesting. Now you mention it, I recall something about a royal warrant, but maybe I’m confusing it with the design centre award.

When we lived in Kemble, we visited Highgrove because our local community gardens (a sort of posh allotment) had a trip booked. HRH was very pleased to support it, but I didn’t go inside or hear any music!

My wife saw him briefly when he opened a newly restored garden area at Kemble station a few years ago (2013).

EA259839-9E1A-4FF3-B859-6F5BA7ADF08B.jpeg

Iain Docherty

Wammer
Apr 21, 2020
I said I'd get back after some research:

According to the Royal Warrant Holders Association, Linn Products have never held a Royal Warrant from the former Prince of Wales (Now King Charles III).

This would explain as I said in a previous post, why Linn have never used his crest on their website, their products, or their paperwork.

See here, preset for The Prince of Wales' Warrants (hundreds), and enter 'Linn Products'. Result zero.

https://www.royalwarrant.org/directory?f[0]=field_warrants%3Afield_grantor:3945
It 'seems' that Linn's Wikipedia page stating in detail what their Warrant is exactly for is entirely false. Linn should have corrected this false claim. I know that Linn (Gilad particularly) used to monitor this page and the LP12 part particularly, with his edit wars concerning who the 'disputed' designer of the LP12 was (long story).

Gilad used to post on the old Linn forum unreasonably IMO asking members to help him fight the constant claims and edits by people saying that the LP12 was designed by Ariston was it? I can't remember now as I gave up interest/ditched my LP12 30 years ago. It's up to him, Ivor and Linn Products to fight their own cause and not ask forum members to do it.

See here for Linn's Wiki page, scroll down somewhat.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linn_Products
I will caveat what seems to be the case with 'allegedly'.
Royal Warrants last for five years IIRC. If you, er, Google it you can read plenty about Linn's award. You can even find a pdf from the Royal Warrant Holders' Association listing Linn Products. In seconds. https://www.royalwarrant.org/sites/default/files/ALL ROYAL WARRANT HOLDING COMPANIES 05.01.2018.pdf

Reactions: akamatsu

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Reactions: Iain Docherty

Jail4CEOs2

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
AKA
LG G2 65 OLED
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I wouldn't mind welcoming a King in our midst if he is interested in Linn Hifi...
Maybe, as long as we don't have to bow, courtesy, or refer to them as majestic. We all put our pants on one leg at a time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.