Wammer
Wammer
Sep 28, 2006
stoke on trent
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My boss had a hybrid lexus as courtesy car- it was £40ks worth mind and I thought it was pretty quick. Boring like you say, but it pulled well. The controls and knobs I was less keen on, I prefer the sing if the older models. My boss has the more recent IS250 and I could happily drive that around. My old IS200 is boring but so comfortable and competent and I'd drive around the world in it as I trust it to get me where I'm going. Ten years old and not a rattle or squeak and everything works perfectly, full lexus SH, new tinning belt and brakes, heated leather etc ...all for £1700. It's just that 'detached' feeling that let's them down. All in all though I've been generally impressed with the Lexus's I've been in.

tryant

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 29, 2008
United Kingdom
My twelve year old Corolla doesn't rattle or squeak and everything works perfectly. I'll die before it does, from boredom if nothing else.

Matt J

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 7, 2006
Not Derbyshire
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My twelve year old Corolla doesn't rattle or squeak and everything works perfectly. I'll die before it does, from boredom if nothing else.
Unless all that fuzzy felt that we used to stick on them to stop everything rattling falls out, forms a big ball and wedges itself under the brake pedal, it may kill you both at the same time :D

f1eng

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 13, 2009
Wantage, U K
AKA
Frank
Hybrids are a gain for stop-go motoring, like racing or towns, but offer no substantial efficiency gain at steady speed, such as on motorways.

The Atkinson cycle engine is more efficient than Otto cycle engine under load, but not as efficient as a turbo diesel.

The cleverest bit of these cars is the E-CVT, brilliant.

I bought a Prius in 2005 since I was interested in the CVT since we did one for F1 starting back in the 80s and it got banned when other teams worked out how much faster than a manual box it would be, and they didn't have one.

Thought I wouldn't keep it long after what pundits wrote, but it was a great car and we still have it.

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Lexus now averaging 59 mpg over the first 3500 miles, so about 10% worse than the Passat. Driver's seat is surprisingly uncomfortable - I expected Lexus to be good at seats. :( It's too hard, there is no lumbar support and the side bolsters pinch across the shoulders.

Hornucopia

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 16, 2009
Bristol, , United Ki
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
You should try a Lexus mate - I hear they're really good :^
Hah! Sodders' memory unimpaired by debauchery shock!

As you know,? had 2 already and 'downsizing'.

After my 7 year stint with an S-Cargo, this....? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161359938555?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

But....never go back? (And I'd have support Holland or Blackpool?)

My E51 El Grand IS Grand, but too big really for occasional-only use.

It's comfort above all, these days, old boy.

My Citroen past reminds me of wonderful suspension, but they are all either 'collectable' or rotting.

And Carole swears she'll never go in a Mehari, unfortunately!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online