Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
HoopsOnToast wrote:

3-2 WHAT A GOAL!
smile.png
:)
smile.png
Poor goalkeeping being beaten at his near post.

In fact the keeper had a bit of a 'mare

going to be tough in the San Siro - United really need Vidic back in that back four as I can see Milan scoring at home

notaclue

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Nowhere, West Europe
AKA
Duke of Steepletone
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Tyldesley called it correctly when he said it was 'Keystone Cops' defending on the second goal.

I reckon it will be much harder for Man Utd to score than Milan so I favour Milan to go through after a 1 or 2-0 victory at the Giuseppe-whatever-its-called-these-days.

M

murray johnson

thommo wrote:

I didn't think Milan looked all that great last night, to be honest. Which is a worry for United as they let 2 in against only OK opposition.
I thought Kaka, Seedorf & Gattuso looked pretty good.

Milan did concede three though & I can see them conceding at home now that they have to actually score. Hopefully one or more of Vidic, Ferdinand & Neville will be fit by then.

Tonights game shouild be interesting. Jose yesterday said that Chelsea have played in 27 'matches' so far this year whereas Liverpool have only played about 3! I know what he means but I'm never sure that unnecessarily winding up the opposition is a good thing. Still what do I know?!!

skinumb

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 27, 2007
Bedford, , United Ki
Milan will need to come out looking for goal at the San Siro, and Ronaldo/Rooney/Giggs/Scholes/Carrick will cut them wide open. Scholes will be yellow carded and miss the final.

Guaranteed.

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
Look like Man U VS Chelsea for final and I really don't mind who will win although it would be nice to see sir Alex retire with some big cups. He will go down in hostory as a best football manager ever.

notaclue

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Nowhere, West Europe
AKA
Duke of Steepletone
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I hope it's a Man Utd v Liverpool final but I have a horrible feeling that it's going to be Chelsea v Milan.

Still, let's all hope Liverpool go through tonight. Even the Chelsea fans should hope for this, I say.

Jan 11, 2006
Hope Your right about chels v milan.

Liverpool are a real bogey team for us and in europe they seem to get it right every time.

My prediction 3-1 to liverpool.

Hope i'am wrong

Ian Sampson

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 5, 2006
Cumbria
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
russ abbott - royds brother wrote:

Hope Your right about chels v milan.Liverpool are a real bogey team for us and in europe they seem to get it right every time.

Hope i'am wrong
I hope you're wrong too:D

ManU to beat Chelski in the final.

Ian

Jan 11, 2006
Ian Sampson wrote:

russ abbott - royds brother wrote:
Hope Your right about chels v milan.Liverpool are a real bogey team for us and in europe they seem to get it right every time.

Hope i'am wrong
I hope you're wrong too:D

ManU to beat Chelski in the final.

Ian
Don't both are to painful to contemplate.....I really could not handle united treble...

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes - 2 not good teams - hopefully Liver play a blinder in Athens , preferably against anyone who also play well on night.

Apart from Kak, Milano aren't much good really now, but poss. their goals in Manchester will see them through unless MUt go atack-attack from beginning - unlike impaired Chels last night ...

I thought that Lampard's penalty was the highlight of the match.

M

murray johnson

Milan were comfortable tonight & by far the better team. Its not so hard to take when its true.

It does seem to help if the teams are not contesting their domestic leagues at the same time. Price of success I suppose.

Jezzer

Unspecified Wammer
Wammer Plus
Jul 31, 2005
Uxbridge
AKA
Jezzer
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Man Ure were outclassed. Their 'defence' was shoddy at best. So it's 2005 all over again.

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
the better team went through. Milan were faultless, an absolutely superb performance and they deserve it. I was hoping Man U would pull a goal back but it just never came, they appeared toothless. Was Dida even properly tested? I don't think he was.

I did get the impression that Milan were more 'up for it' - more determined and fired up (excepting Rooney). Quicker tothe second ball, harder in the tackle, better shape. I'm really impressed.

Hopefully we'll have an entertaining final.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online