Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
thommo wrote:

Milan were class last night, looked a far better outfit than last week.
Indeed. Always thought they'd beat Man U comfortably in Milan. For some reason Rooney, Ronaldo et al almost always come up short in Italy. I still expect Liverpool to defeat Milan in the final, they have more heart (and defend better than Man U).

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Three superb finishes from the Milan and Man U barely troubled the goalkeeper. So rooney and ronaldo - best in the world ? Maybe against the poorer Premiership defences. they got taught a lesson last night.

Milan were quality. hopefully the final will be as much fun as the last time Milan and Liverpool met up, I'm sure Milan will want some revenge for that night. Quite looking forward to it.

Three years on the trot an English team in the European cup final.

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
Vidic shouldn't be on the pitch! He isn't fit enough for such a big match. Milan were top class and I think they will get a revenge this year.

HoopsOnToast

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Feb 6, 2006
Oxfordshire
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
yup, sad that they lost, didn't watch it so cant comment on the match really, but i hope Liverpool go on to win it now
smile.png

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The irony is that this Heineken-Sony-Ford money 'top Euro club comp' footie is called 'Champions' League', when it is a bit of League/ultimately Cup.

It is often won/contested by teams finishing 3rd-4th-5th in their national League, who have the sense to try to win this - I have said elsewhere about a year ago that I am surprised Chelsea were bothered to try to win Premiership for 3rd meaningless time - like Liverpool, they should have concentrated on the Community Shield and 'Champions' League' (non-champions welcome).

In Serie A, Milano have been worse than Roma.

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
How can that M. Ball from Man City get away with so many things yesterday? He is a biggest cheaters I have seen since Dennis Wise!

Chumpy

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 3, 2005
Bristol UK
AKA
Charlie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Congratulations to MUt for winning the league for the 70th time despite having no money.

Ball should not have stood on Ronaldo.

Thank goodness Chels threw away the League/The 'Champions' League again by not concentrating solely on the latter - now everyone will love them for winning last domestic Carling Cup in Cardiff/being only bit of Blue again at Wembley in Eon pot-thang.

Let's hope the English players in all teams get lucky for England.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online