Married male wishes to meet.......................

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Any other forum member to ask if its just me................but i appear to not be as "in to" hifias i used to be!?!? could it be a seasonal thing........... too much to do otherwise...............? or maybe its just a passing phase,all i know is that im not lusting after any kit or bits of wire like i used to do........... HELP!!

PS, sorry to Solid if the header got your hopes up
wink.gif.25d7e4815f6a2fee62f4117deebb27e0.gif

G

Maybe you're just in a nice place where you are happy with your kit .

:raoflmfao:

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
subterranean-alien wrote:

maybe your content??I know I'm getting to the point were I'm more than happy with my lot.
Could be Sub, but as i believe the whole hif thing, swopping, tweaking etc is a kind of hobby, the buzz of doing the aforementioned seems to have dried up, leaving me in a kind of hifinomansland.
sad.png

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ice - it sounds like you're happy with what you have and thats the holy grail in this hobby.

Spend more on music andlittle on nothing on new kit - its what i intend to do for a while.
smile.png

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Papa Lazarou wrote:

Ice - i reckon you're happy with what you have and thats the holy grail in this hobby.Spend more on music and less on kit - its what i intend to do for a while.
smile.png
Possibly true, but that means the thrill of introducing a new bit of kit into the system has gone...................................

The Hifi Gallery

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 1, 2005
Kinross
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
icehockeyboy wrote:

Papa Lazarou wrote:
Ice - i reckon you're happy with what you have and thats the holy grail in this hobby.Spend more on music and less on kit - its what i intend to do for a while.
smile.png
Possibly true, but that means the thrill of introducing a new bit of kit into the system has gone...................................
Search out some new music then, stuff you wouldn't ordinary buy, then the thrill comes from slipping a new cd into the player.

ClassikFan

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My cure to feeling flat about my HiFi is to put on Moving Pictures by Rush (preferably vinyl) and hey presto (pun not intended)20 or 40 minutes later all is well with the world again............

except for melting polar ice caps and the iminent demise of the polar bear, etc, etc..........

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sounds serious to me. Take two Medicine Hat CD's immediately.

If this fails to restore your Verve, book an appointment with Dr Feelgood down at the doctors.

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've got a plan and it's been agreed to with Mrs Strat;)

Simply when I bought the Naim electronics last new year - when frankly everything had got really confused -I agreed there would no more upgrades for the forseable future but we have never said never because why fix on something you can't live with:X

So I know what my upgrade steps are - actually they are more add ons like PSUs and some better furniture for CDs etc. But at the moment there are other priorities - and had to change the car - but content with this deal and to wait for when funds permit and very much the sound I'm getting - am just really enjoying the music:rockin:

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Strat wrote:

change the car -
Strat old son..i think youve hit the nail on the head, just before Chrimbo i spent rather a lot of cash on a shiny new motor, and have been lavishing attention on it rather than my hifi.................................lets see if in a month or two hifi nirvana returns!

Oh, as for buying more cd's i have...and will !!!

The Strat

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 17, 2005
Buckingham, UK
AKA
Lindsay
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
icehockeyboy wrote:

The Strat wrote:
change the car -
Strat old son..i think youve hit the nail on the head, just before Chrimbo i spent rather a lot of cash on a shiny new motor, and have been lavishing attention on it rather than my hifi.................................lets see if in a month or two hifi nirvarna returns!
Ice - but from you're listing you've got a bloody good set up so get back and enjoy it:cool:

Shakey

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 3, 2006
Wallingford, Oxon.
AKA
Gavin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I feel rather the same way pal. Got some speakers a few months ago, went halves on my CDP/Transport the other day, got my tuner hooked up through the new DAC and its sounding much improved. Indeed, when I got the CDP I knew I needed a bigger extension lead so thought I'd give one of those Belkin jobbies a go, even tidied up the cables (
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif
). Surprisingly (to me) it does all sound much better! Im more than prepared to believe that the improvements are psychological...but I can't argue with my pleased-ness(?!).

I really wanna improve my TT this year but I've researched an awful lot in 2006 and I know it's gonna be a long and expensive road, but I don't feel any hurry and I'm content! I've lusted loads!! Hopefully it'll continue and isn't just down to having some new toys.....
71_71.gif.90e48c720ca56a2d2fa0532dd3380cc7.gif
Try not to worry about it and enjoy the position you're in, I know I'm going to!!

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Paul wrote:

icehockeyboy wrote:
Papa Lazarou wrote:
smile.png
Search out some new music then, stuff you wouldn't ordinary buy, then the thrill comes from slipping a new cd into the player.
Paul, did just that bought Supertramps anthology, Marvin Gayes whats going on ( love the guy but mainly for his 64/66 period) and some others too, and youre right, its rekindling that affection, but not so much that i want to swop and change bits!

Dunno whether thats good or bad...............

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.