Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This makes it sound a bigger deal…

D01FF71C-2091-4104-9438-DF1093EE50DD.jpeg
Let’s face it, it was all overdue years ago, maybe there has been an injection of cash to the business since rebranding. Sadly if prices do go up again soon at the anticipated 15% that will be over 32% in total since the end of 2020. Not ideal

Reactions: Tarzan and HouseElf

John (big)

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 3, 2012
West London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I converted my Hydraulic Reference to DC from AC using an Origin Live kit, the motor was not really up to the job with the 5kg platter. I ordered a Maxon REmax 226774 motor from Maxon UK picking it up from Hogwood Lane as I was unwilling to pay the P&P charges levied by the parent company via their on line shop. this motor is believed to be the first Origin Live DC200 apparently not used any more the DC200.

I also uprated the Origin Live controller as below & the PSU with a 12v 3 amp AC-AC (rectification in OL Controller) LPSU from Maplins no longer available.

Far more stable than originally with AC motor, & quieter.

UNMODIFIED .jpg original before modification

ol controller .jpg

transcriptors .jpg

Last edited:

popol_vuh

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 24, 2007
Croatia
AKA
Zvonimir
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Really happy to see Michell work on new stuff and seeing this video with Jonathan Nye:

I wonder if the new PSU is a result of "trickle down" of technology from the new flagship. Really interested in that PSU. I wonder about the new all-Michell tonearm as well. I'd also like to know if they've finally resolved the belt issues...that's a big and essential one IMO. That comes prior to any of the other stuff.

Would be happy to see any new info. Anyway, glad to see Michell is on a bit of a campaign :D

I.D.S.

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 14, 2021
Really happy to see Michell work on new stuff and seeing this video with Jonathan Nye:

I wonder if the new PSU is a result of "trickle down" of technology from the new flagship. Really interested in that PSU. I wonder about the new all-Michell tonearm as well. I'd also like to know if they've finally resolved the belt issues...that's a big and essential one IMO. That comes prior to any of the other stuff.

Would be happy to see any new info. Anyway, glad to see Michell is on a bit of a campaign :D

That one and another unboxing and build video show the company in a good light, compared to some of the other videos via YouTube posted by some folk. That do not appear to be as conversant with the turntables as they make out :unsure:
🤨

superelmar

Wammer
Jun 14, 2022
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I’m getting a new Gyro SE, but wondering which tinearm suits better quality-price wise:

-Tecnoarm V2
-Tecnoarm A
-Any of the top Rega
-Audiomods VI
-SME M2-9R or 309 or IV
-Live Origin

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: gninnamag

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’m getting a new Gyro SE, but wondering which tinearm suits better quality-price wise:

-Tecnoarm V2
-Tecnoarm A
-Any of the top Rega
-Audiomods VI
-SME M2-9R or 309 or IV
-Live Origin

Thanks in advance.
Audiomods all day long.
Michell are about to launch some new products this month and some of us are thinking it might be a new tonearm but we will need to wait and see.

• Upvote
Reactions: Beyond you

martinpix

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 17, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

-Tecnoarm V2
-Tecnoarm A
-Any of the top Rega
-Audiomods VI
-SME M2-9R or 309 or IV
-Live Origin

Thanks in advance.
SME IV there is no other that id recommend this is the best arm for a Michell turntable.

huwge

Wammer
Wammer
May 11, 2007
Cymru
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
SME V but my only prior arm was Tecnoarm
would like to try the AN Arm 3 if it could be magiced into the system somehow as I'm not in any real mood to change anything at the mo

Beyond you

Tuesday Music Night’s Est:1978
Wammer Plus
Feb 4, 2013
Hants
AKA
Matt
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

-Tecnoarm V2
-Tecnoarm A
-Any of the top Rega
-Audiomods VI
-SME M2-9R or 309 or IV
-Live Origin

Thanks in advance.

956DF884-4B17-4538-BC3E-5EAB9256A9CB.jpeg
I can only speak regarding Rega and Audiomods tonearms. What ever you select from your list you will not be disappointed.
I have had my Audiomods Classic fitted with a micrometer base since 2011 with no issues, Jeff knows his stuff.
If I was to replace my tonearm I would consider the current Audiomods or Origin Live Zephyr.
Enjoy your new Gyro SE when it arrives and don’t forget to post some pics 👍

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online