Show us your storage. LP’s, CD’s, Cassettes, Etc.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Many thanks Geoff... oh, and you are a wag :) the slabs are to balance the room and are on the opposite side from all of the vinyl and CD's... ;)

Actually, my Yamaha NS1000's & stands would normally be sat on them, but as I'm currently working away with restoring the speakers, they're perched there to avoid toe contact :)

The guitarist on the artwork is Mike Oldfield, something I put together myself from a video still of him working at his Beacon studio/home around 1974/75 when recording Ommadawn...
He looks quite like James Taylor during that period 🤔

• Upvote
Reactions: Wenge1

jkbmusic

Staff member
Nov 25, 2006
Brittunculi
AKA
Jeff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
The guitarist on the artwork is Mike Oldfield, something I put together myself from a video still of him working at his Beacon studio/home around 1974/75 when recording Ommadawn...
I thought it was but didn’t want to embarrass myself if I was wrong. Excellent choice and subject matter.👍

• Haha
Reactions: orbscure

orbscure

My God, its full of stars...
Wammer Plus
Aug 22, 2013
SE London/Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
He looks quite like James Taylor during that period 🤔
I've had another visitor to the music room think it was Kurt Cobain too... the still I used was grabbed from around the 8:20 part of the YouTube video linked below, manipulated in Photoshop to look like a painting and then added to canvas :)

I.D.S.

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 14, 2021
To those that say i stream or have digitally copied their vinyl albums. What are you hoping to happen to your originals?

glenhb

Glenhb
Wammer
Feb 3, 2019
Doncaster
AKA
Glen Buddery
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Garbage
But seriously if you don't want to keep your CDs there are people on here willing to take them, paid for or free. Last resort should be a charity shop not the dump.

2010*zuma

Super Wammer
Wammer
Nov 12, 2011
Caerphilly castle
AKA
Young Neil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Garbage
But seriously if you don't want to keep your CDs there are people on here willing to take them, paid for or free. Last resort should be a charity shop not the dump.
Garbage it is.

I must be honest I have given cd’s away to friends, done market trading with them, gifted to charity and also put them in the dumpsters ✌️

Reactions: glenhb

2010*zuma

Super Wammer
Wammer
Nov 12, 2011
Caerphilly castle
AKA
Young Neil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Let me know what you've got left. One man's trash is another man's gold.
I have whittled them down to a few boxes worth that I can cope with not being too much clutter to handle. Cd's imo will come full circle and become absolute treasure again in the not so distant future…

Reactions: glenhb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online