Silver High Breed Quintessence Speaker Cable

P

pobox-123

Hiya Wigwam gangs,

Anyone here using Silver High Breed Quintessence interconnects? Are they good for what they cost?

Regards.

P

pobox-123

Hehehehehe lol!

I didn't know the Silver High Breed stuff was popular on here.

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
:nup:You want Brassy Half-Wit cables. :^

They are less than twice the price - and more than half as good!

It's a win-win! :cool: :^

P

pobox-123

:nup:You want Brassy Half-Wit cables. :^ They are less than twice the price - and more than half as good!

It's a win-win! :cool: :^
Blimey, you sure hate SHB cables innit!

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
hehehe!

If you do a google search on the bloody things, all you find are links to forums with various people giving it the SHB large one!

ohh they made my cock bigger and even my wife noticed from the kitchen etc etc.. then skip to the end of the thread and it's locked. hahhaha It's not just here. :p

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
FFS!

Read my Ultimate Cable Thread sticky...

That's what it's there for...

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
hehehe!If you do a google search on the bloody things, all you find are links to forums with various people giving it the SHB large one!

ohh they made my cock bigger and even my wife noticed from the kitchen etc etc.. then skip to the end of the thread and it's locked. hahhaha It's not just here. :p
If my wife noticed them from the kitchen, she would disconnect them and put them somewhere tidy!!!!

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Gentlemen, this is a genuine short review, I am not as has been suggested "shilling" the product, nor am I in Wilfs pay, so please just let me tell you my finds on this wire........?

Firstly, in the past couple of years, I have had a few different wires in my system, price ascending, VDH CS 122, it's biwre cousin Teatrack, Chord Odyssey, and a prototype Chord Signature, the latter being the best of the aforementioned wires.

Unfortunately I had occasion to shift my kit at one time, and the more or less inflexible Chord Siggy proto had to go, in favour of the CS122, which really was a stop gap cable, that lacked the sparkle that Jerry (Jandl) and I appreciate.

In turn, this was replaced by SHB 10 (or was it 8?) AWG speaker cable, that brought back the sparkle the CS 122 lacked, and very good it was too, despite actually looking home made, or as Jerry described it, "bling"

I have been happy with it, but when I heard Wilf was making a new cable, I had to try it, there are not that many companies that make both quality ic's and speaker cable that won't break the bank, and for me, getting the best bang for my buck, gives me far more pleasure than throwing my hard earnt at over priced wire, I did that with the Black Rhodium ic that retailed at £600 a metre, and in hindsight realised how silly I was.

The box arrived Saturday morning, but work meant I could not wire them in until Sunday, but just looking at them, even Stevie Wonder could detect they look professionally made, as compared to the current SHB speaker cables that were on the way out.

thick, black, and very well finished, with spade terminations.

At first they seemed a little soft at the top end, and had a sort of pleasant, but not quite there sound to them, if you know what I mean.

Now, one or two here seem to think I will say they are the best thing since sliced bread, even if they are not, but why would I? When TCI Cobra was the "in" ic, I had a pair, but found them what I can only describe as "dry" and in posts after that, I stated just that.

They have been running for around 80 hours so far, and the softness has all but disappeared, and they are gradually, to my ears, "coming on song".

It has been a while since I had the Chord Siggy pros, so it is hard to say how close in quality the SHB's are, what I can say at this stage is that since Jerry brought these to our attention, I have been more than happy with each "upgrade" from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.