Silver High Breed Quintessence Speaker Cable

P

pobox-123

Nice review!

I've bought a pair of 1m Silver High Breed Quintessence interconnects. I'm looking forward to trying them on my system.

B

BD Audio

But especially SHB threads.Like shillings from heaven.
Thats what fucks me off, sick of hearing about the things. Surely his shills must have a full set of cables now so why do they bother? :dunno:

Howlindawg

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2009
Leixlip, Ireland
AKA
Martin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Christ, here it goes again.

The SHBs are absolutely fine Shane.

If you need a new cable they're a decent choice.

If you already have a decent cable then they're unlikely to be an upgrade.

The Vitriol you're reading is more aimed at the endless threads that appear about the cables than at the cables themselves.

Actually, the Vitriol is becoming more tiresome than the SHB threads ever were.

i_should_coco

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2006
The Vitriol you're reading is more aimed at the endless threads that appear about the cables than at the cables themselves.

Actually, the Vitriol is becoming more tiresome than the SHB threads ever were.
Right on, but if there were no threads shilling them, there would be no vitriol posted in those threads. It's not like anyone's started a thread just to slag them off.

steve rb

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 6, 2009
Leicestershire
AKA
Umm.. Steve..
just out of curiosity - at what point do 'shilling' and 'good product, good reputation' cross? Genuinely can't see how you make the distinction. I know SHB always causes a ruck on here, but why them any more than the next cable or product that has a 'following'?

i_should_coco

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2006
Probably because they get someone posting a glowing review every 2-3weeks or so and being a cable thread, it tends to live on for quite a while. People get bored after a couple of weeks or so, and it's not then long before someone posts another.

Howlindawg

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2009
Leixlip, Ireland
AKA
Martin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's not like anyone's started a thread just to slag them off.
No, Just a member starting a thread asking for some information.

Instead of a constructive answer he got the usual drivel calling into question the integrity of a small business owner and his satisfied customers.

:shf:

• Upvote
Reactions: wee tam

i_should_coco

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2006
No, Just a member starting a thread asking for some information.Instead of a constructive answer he got the usual drivel calling into question the integrity of a small business owner and his satisfied customers.

:shf:
In this case, perhaps. But this small business has more "satisfied customers" than average, starting threads on internet forums about how wonderful his products are. It's not too hard to add up.

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The OP has been a member here since May last year and has posted over 900 times.

Has he really never seen a Silver High Breed thread before?

If you do a search there are 5 pages of results, the subject has been done to death, it starts to look like piss taking product placement and makes the Wam look like a soft touch for cheap advertising.

Howlindawg

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2009
Leixlip, Ireland
AKA
Martin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Meh...

When I see a group of individuals that are normally helpful, cogent and knowledgable come over all rabid and foaming at the mouth it's quite obvious that buttons have been pushed.

However unsubstantiated allegations against the integrity of an individual can be damaging.

Perhaps as the owner of a small business myself I'm more sensitive to these things.

Such allegations were inappropriate in James' XTZ review and they seem equally inappropriate here.

But enough.

I have no wish to start an argument. :hug:

i_should_coco

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2006
It's a fine line, and you have to be careful. Perception is everything and I agree, it's easy to perceive wrongdoing when there is none. But the sheer frequency of these threads (this is backed up by the search function) is very suspicious.

Anyway, it's only the internet...

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
EDIT

Must read whole thread before posting.

Just to be clear, I was not accusing anyone of shilling.

mr.me

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2009
Somewhere
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Nice one Craig. Keep us posted as they break in. After a while put your old speaker cables back in and that will tell you straight away whether the new Q's are better.

icehockeyboy

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 14, 2005
Torquay Devon. UK
AKA
Craig
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just played "A promise kept" by James Horner from the Titanic Special Edition album and I have to say it sounded astounding, deep deep lows, and very detailed top end/treble

G

You have the soundtrack to Titanic?I'm sorry but that is seriously :hom:
Jeez he is a DJ and friends with some c -list celebs . What did you expect the new album forn Black Mountain :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online