oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Up early, marvelled at the amount of rain, nice coffee, fed the dogs, waited for the rain to slow, a nice walk around my beautiful local park, and then...

Squeezebox Touch - connected to BBC Sounds
Cambridge 851n, working as a Dac/pre
Lentek Integrated, working as a power amp.
Yamaha NS1000
Gilles Peterson...for hours!

Dressed in sky blue, with my sky blue mug of tea, primed and ready for the Community Shield later.
I bloody love these mornings.

PS. BBC Sounds is the only app I've found that the 851n doesn't connect to easily. Luckily, it is so connective, solutions are easily found.

Last edited:

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Love Sunday when I’m not working.
House is a tip after having the grandkids Friday and Saturday
Radio on , Cuppa and toast , still in our Jim jams..
Fed the birds , inspected my garden after the heavy rain ..
Cats following me around wanting to be fed ..

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm doing Chichester cattle market car boot this morning with records.
You have to get there early to get a pitch but sunday trading laws apply to the 'venue' so you can't trade till 10 30. In my case I have the benefit of being local so Ive got a shady pitch already and wandered back for the 10 mins it takes for a coffee at home and a perusal of the Wam..
As I was getting out of the car some bloke approached me and said..'got any records mate?' Early bird dealer trying to steal a march..

Jack NSM

pmcuk

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 12, 2015
Kensington, London
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sun streaming in to my 2nd floor apartment in Kensington. Contemplating rebuilding one of my 2a3 amps today. Breakfast first - two fried eggs and some olive ciabatta, washed down with some nice decaf coffee from the aeropress.

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I'm doing Chichester cattle market car boot this morning with records.
You have to get there early to get a pitch but sunday trading laws apply to the 'venue' so you can't trade till 10 30. In my case I have the benefit of being local so Ive got a shady pitch already and wandered back for the 10 mins it takes for a coffee at home and a perusal of the Wam..
As I was getting out of the car some bloke approached me and said..'got any records mate?' Early bird dealer trying to steal a march..

Jack NSM
I hope it's dry for you.

• Upvote
Reactions: audio_PHIL_e

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Sun streaming in to my 2nd floor apartment in Kensington. Contemplating rebuilding one of my 2a3 amps today. Breakfast first - two fried eggs and some olive ciabatta, washed down with some nice decaf coffee from the aeropress.
Sounds lovely. With technical skills, I may have a fiddle. Without them, I may also have a fiddle!😮

• Haha
Reactions: MVJ and pmcuk

paulbfd

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 16, 2011
Halifax
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Sat listening / browsing Qobuz knowing full well that I've got much more useful things to be doing on a Sunday. It's actually dry here at the moment so I really should get in the garden. Just one more tune....

Reactions: oldius

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sitting having tea toast and marmalade with my wife Linda . Have the Gideon Coe as replacement for Cerys on and enjoying the mix of music with lots from Womad . Would have been nicer if the weather had been better to have been in the garden but still a nice way to start the day ..

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
early up on a Sunday, breakfast and coffee, couple of hours reading some Ballard/Bosch, football podcasts on youtube. Grandkids staying over so now they are up and watching Stuart Little 2 with Nan and I have headphones on with some Richard Ashcroft.

Usually my Sunday mornings are for coffee and reading before the wife gets up.

Bazzer

Staff member
Oct 22, 2009
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sunday is the same as any other day for me .
Up 6:30 , follow dog around garden , pick up his doings , feed him , take wife a cup of tea in bed . Yoghurt , muslei and a cup of Rooibos for me , wash kitchen floor and take dog for walk . That is my everyday routine 6:30 to 8:30 .

Strider

Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sunday morning 6am listening to the kittens Juniper and Lugosi hooning up and down the stairs then sitting outside our bedroom door with our other (fat cat) Mr Grey to be fed. I went down and fed the felines and gave my blind, deaf and dementia doggie a hadfull of treats and went back to bed.
I was reading a book then the goodly wife decided it was our 'special' hour, well it was closer to ten minutes of fumbling and all over in a minute.

Got up, porridge and coffee then went out for an 11 mile hike in the Chilterns.

Got home about 40 mins ago and the kittens were jumping around wailing for food, I put the kettle on and made coffee and put on some choons.

The goodly wife returned from her horsey shinnigens and said "I don't like this music and have you seen your speaker?" I didn't even need to get out of the chair to see what's happend, even from my recumbent posture I can see a nice dent in the dust cone of one of the bass drivers....

parcelmonkey

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 6, 2013
Dover - Kent
AKA
Ade
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Gave the wife an interim servicing, this morning. Now she's oiled and lubricated, she should run sweet as a nut for a few more miles! 😄

Now to pick up some bargain John Innes compost from Homebase and plant some grasses we've had cultivating in pots for a while...
👍

Vincent52

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 23, 2011
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Regular routine for me on a Sunday. Only cooked breakfast of the week, which is also my only regular contribution to the cooking. Make coffee and the rig should be warmed up, CD player on for what is generally the only time in the week and, as it has been for many years, it's "jazz Sunday". Miles on at the moment, as he is at some stage most Sundays. I may pluck up the courage to watch Leeds this afternoon, pre season has been encouraging but lots of injuries. New start so there has to be hope!

Reactions: Bazzer and oldius

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Slowly does it.
Music on.
Best day for radio on 6 Music, & Gideon Coe played a good diverse mixture of tunes.
Watched the Womens world cup with the sound off, until it got to a remarkable penalty shootout. America out ?
It's been pi$$ing down since late spring in N.Wales but has stopped a while so will take Benny for his walk in the woods.
Lifes good today. Can even sniff the footy season. Even the stereo sounds nice.
Onwards.

Reactions: Bazzer and oldius

garn63

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Mar 3, 2020
www.avfc.co.uk
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Gave the wife an interim servicing, this morning. Now she's oiled and lubricated, she should run sweet as a nut for a few more miles! 😄

Now to pick up some bargain John Innes compost from Homebase and plant some grasses we've had cultivating in pots for a while...
👍
Is that miles..or months ? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: parcelmonkey

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Regular routine for me on a Sunday. Only cooked breakfast of the week, which is also my only regular contribution to the cooking. Make coffee and the rig should be warmed up, CD player on for what is generally the only time in the week and, as it has been for many years, it's "jazz Sunday". Miles on at the moment, as he is at some stage most Sundays. I may pluck up the courage to watch Leeds this afternoon, pre season has been encouraging but lots of injuries. New start so there has to be hope!
Same here re breakfast, scrambled eggs on toast, marmalade on toast, washed down with some Lao coffee.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online