Wammer
Wammer Plus
Oct 23, 2013
Liverpool
AKA
Simon
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Went to work came home carried on ripping cds onto the zen (nearly there) smart shuffle on just enjoying the sound

Strider

Show me your Fooses
Wammer Plus
Jan 16, 2006
Here and there
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It doesn't matter if you sell them. Just say 'it doesn't affect the sound at all.'
I thought that only appllies to B&W, Mission, Eltax etc :LOL:
Job done, Good ol' Henry on low power (would still suck a tennis ball though a letterbox) microfibre cloth and gentle dabbing unit it popped out. 1691329772353.png

Attachments

• 1691329590060.png
    1691329590060.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 1691329757998.png
    1691329757998.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: oldius

AndyCC72

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 4, 2021
Bexley, Kent
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Had the one lie in of the week, woke up at 8. Dweebed on the phone in bed for half hour, made the family breakfast, got my daughter ready for Taekwondo, took her there then took the dogs out for a walk over the woods. Laid on the sofa for half hour researching room treatments, very nice morning.

Last edited:

Ray Vardy

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Nov 18, 2018
Planet Earth
raysplace.com
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Up early, marvelled at the amount of rain, nice coffee, fed the dogs, waited for the rain to slow, a nice walk around my beautiful local park, and then...

Squeezebox Touch - connected to BBC Sounds
Cambridge 851n, working as a Dac/pre
Lentek Integrated, working as a power amp.
Yamaha NS1000
Gilles Peterson...for hours!

Dressed in sky blue, with my sky blue mug of tea, primed and ready for the Community Shield later.
I bloody love these mornings.

PS. BBC Sounds is the only app I've found that the 851n doesn't connect to easily. Luckily, it is so connective, solutions are easily found.
So good but so bad that app! I can't work out how to get it playing back through my system (i have a Linn DSM with chromecast connected)

[EDIT] Fek just checked it has casting in the app now!

Last edited:

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was going to put some shelves up this afternoon while Diane was out . Obviously I couldn’t be bothered as I’m still in Jim jams .. she won’t mind .
I will cook her a nice steak for tea 💋

I.D.S.

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 14, 2021
Went into work to roller out ceiling and paint cornice ready for client to have carpet laid Monday.
Now back in empty house listening to tunes🙂🎶🎶

Reactions: Strider

TIU

Artist and daft as a brush
Wammer Plus
Dec 17, 2005
Birmingham
AKA
Gary
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I thought that only appllies to B&W, Mission, Eltax etc :LOL:
Job done, Good ol' Henry on low power (would still suck a tennis ball though a letterbox) microfibre cloth and gentle dabbing unit it popped out. 1691329772353.png
Great, that's good news :cool:

Reactions: Strider

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Got up, Mrs B and I made breakfast for the 12 guests for our annual “summer” party yesterday who stayed over. And yes, in case you were wondering, it did piss with rain yesterday - ALL bloody day. :mad:

Waved them all off, put a wash on, vacuumed the lounge and turned listening room back from a bedroom into a listening room again.

Now Mrs B is doing some work and I’m sitting here feeling a tad worse for wear still…

halvis

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 9, 2008
Roscommon, , Ireland
AKA
Jon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Up early, marvelled at the amount of rain, nice coffee, fed the dogs, waited for the rain to slow, a nice walk around my beautiful local park, and then...

Squeezebox Touch - connected to BBC Sounds
Cambridge 851n, working as a Dac/pre
Lentek Integrated, working as a power amp.
Yamaha NS1000
Gilles Peterson...for hours!

Dressed in sky blue, with my sky blue mug of tea, primed and ready for the Community Shield later.
I bloody love these mornings.

PS. BBC Sounds is the only app I've found that the 851n doesn't connect to easily. Luckily, it is so connective, solutions are easily found.
Do you listen to him on WorldwideFM too, I think these are the better shows, he appears more relaxed. If you like Level 42 (as he does) you shouldn’t miss last weeks episode:

oldius

Staff member
Dec 30, 2008
Liverpool
AKA
Geoff
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
So good but so bad that app! I can't work out how to get it playing back through my system (i have a Linn DSM with chromecast connected)

[EDIT] Fek just checked it has casting in the app now!
Yes, you can cast it to your Chromecast. I can cast it to my Wiim Pro because of its Chromecast functionality. With the 851n, it is a case of connecting an additional device like the SBT or a laptop. The SBT has a 3rd party app.

Reactions: Ray Vardy

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sunday morning 6am listening to the kittens Juniper and Lugosi hooning up and down the stairs then sitting outside our bedroom door with our other (fat cat) Mr Grey to be fed. I went down and fed the felines and gave my blind, deaf and dementia doggie a hadfull of treats and went back to bed.
I was reading a book then the goodly wife decided it was our 'special' hour, well it was closer to ten minutes of fumbling and all over in a minute.

Got up, porridge and coffee then went out for an 11 mile hike in the Chilterns.

Got home about 40 mins ago and the kittens were jumping around wailing for food, I put the kettle on and made coffee and put on some choons.

The goodly wife returned from her horsey shinnigens and said "I don't like this music and have you seen your speaker?" I didn't even need to get out of the chair to see what's happend, even from my recumbent posture I can see a nice dent in the dust cone of one of the bass drivers....
A blob of warmed blutack dabbed on & off gently will sort that out👍

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not great to hear that there is still rain about in UK. It’s been very pleasant here in Portugal in the late twenties/early thirties. But yesterday, Sunday, the temperature soared to 38 (feels like 44). I normally have breakfast outside watching the boats in the marina but at 08:00 I cut it short and came inside.

No music on my travels but reading a Malcolm MacLaren Biography that’s a fascinating read. And I found an exceptional coffee shop called Kafeine in Cascais marina and will go back this morning and have breakfast there (no relation to Kaffeine in London)

Reactions: oldius and TIU

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online