Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
loved it, banter is good

Saturday

1) the Bowie fest in the early hours, which got a certain legend all emotional, but that may have been my malt whisky (right)

2) having the freedom to play loads of music identified what would work well 

Sunday

1) am owed a pint I'm sure if I don't mention a certain mod who fell asleep in our room (more than once)

2) this year it seemed more people were confident to ask for requests, visitors really have no idea how great than is, it is 100% better to play something that people are familiar with, more of that next year please

3) big thank you to the whole room who fell about laughing when I forgot to switch back from 45 to 33, looked like a Smash advert

4) only got round a few rooms, as expected that shipbloke and Robin had nice sounds
Maverick - you and Bandit Pilot were a late nighter to remember in Somerby. One or two of us  were well oiled by the time we came to rest at your place and right well did you both entertain all us  owls including Valvebloke, James, SCIDB , Batterredhaggis, Rabski et. al. with a splendid system and some great sounds. It looked like you had a ball..well done sirs!

Jack NSM

G

Maverick - you and Bandit Pilot were a late nighter to remember in Somerby. One or two of us  were well oiled by the time we came to rest at your place and right well did you both entertain all us  owls including Valvebloke, James, SCIDB , Batterredhaggis, Rabski et. al. with a splendid system and some great sounds. It looked like you had a ball..well done sirs!

Jack NSM
T'was a good night, left early at 2am ish...what a lightweight.

Hap Hazzard

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 26, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This was my first time exhibiting after 5 yrs as a visitor and boy did i enjoy doing it.  :eek:j:

A massive THANKYOU to Peter and Rachel for making it easy to do so and also to Duvet, who they must of cloned before the show, he was everywhere, i'm sure there were at least 6 of him at any one time. It must be a mammoth organisational task. I would also like to thank the Hotel staff who also work so hard accommodating us all before and on the day.

Thanks to Colin from Chevron Audio who assissted me in my room this year, who guided me through the pros and cons of my first show  :nerves: and giving me my much needed fag breaks, lunch breaks etc.and also for bringing some anologue to my all digital system on the day.  I would also like to thank all the other exhibitors and members who asssisted me with advice etc. Before and on the day :^

Last but not least to all the punters/forum members who visited the show and our room, you are all the reason this show takes place, roll on next year.

:eek:j:

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Upvote
Reactions: Spider and Cambs12

LebenLenco

Wammer
Oct 30, 2016
My friend who attended the show had a light bulb moment this morning. The Wam show, compared to trade hifi shows, had many, many more rooms where the systems were producing music rather than sounds. I know that this is subjective but like me he is a professional musician so I trust his opinion.  This show for my friend had far, far more value than trade shows. There is obviously a difference in a well put together carefully chosen system than 'the latest' from a manufacturer. If this is true then there is an interesting opportunity here both for buyers and the trade. Sorry that he isn't on the forum but he doesn't even have a mobile phone. He was very happy in the nineteen a eventies and eighties and doesn't see why he should change any aspect of life from that period!!

• Upvote
Reactions: gintonic

craigmclellan

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 17, 2011
Boston, Lincolnshire
AKA
Craig
The show thankfully proved the nay sayers to be completely wrong.

It was polished, it looked great, everyone had fun, the helpful "Spirit of The Wam" was still there by the bucket load. I was really elated when I heard Peter come over whilst I was talking to Danny at the bar and he said he had booked for next year.

Exhibiting was a riot this year, my equipment didn't fail on me (ignoring attempting to use the PC remotely with a NAS, all that hardware can go right back to the retailer) - the room was busy pretty much all day long. 

Thanks Peter and Rachel for booking the show again for next year and thanks to the staff of our own and the hotel who kept things running like a properly serviced machine, you did pull it off. The only people who are saying "it wasn't the same" are the people who didn't attend.

• Upvote
Reactions: Cambs12

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Jack NSM
it was, has taken some time to get into training!

2 years ago I hit bed early as my room was for exhibiting, last year was 2am (I blame Rudy, who I missed not being there this year), this year was 3am pushing it a little but someone carried on and he looked like a zombie when the show opened  :D

Sunday was the best ever for me, the audience interaction was great this time, and although a massive room it sounded great I think

it is really nice to have room that is easier for those with mobility difficulties to get in, even though upstairs

insider9

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Feb 21, 2017
Rotherham
AKA
Lukasz
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Good to meet you too
Likewise :) Many thanks for convincing me to come to the show. It was more than I expected in just about every way.

Shame I didn't make it to all rooms even just to say hello to everyone. Not enough time in the day. Can't wait for next year. 

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
and I should add aged 15 I was in a wheelchair for a few months after an op and bullied my dad to push me round the Harrogate show, it nearly killed him but it has always stayed in my mind hence I am delighted to see people with such challenges making a massive effort

it did help him understand why I was obsessed with messing with 2 valve amps in the vain hope of matching them (they were different) and odd pair of speakers but I was still at school, no money etc but I still have the vinyl I bought from that time

Harrogate was sadly about the only thing that we ever did together as we were never really close, so it was nice some years later to help him chose his own first system that gave him a lot of pleasure

• Upvote
Reactions: TheFlash

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Likewise :) Many thanks for convincing me to come to the show. It was more than I expected in just about every way.

Shame I didn't make it to all rooms even just to say hello to everyone. Not enough time in the day. Can't wait for next year. 
now hooked eh? ;-)   friendly old lot wammers aren't they?

you'll find yourself in a daze for a couple of days, then you'll start looking at the components of your system - this is a slippery slope I can tell you  :shock:

G

Well done to everyone involved in the show and making it happen, GREAT JOB everyone.

It was only my second time as a visitor and I can say the experience was superb, the 'feel' was all there.

Wonderful to meet up with some old friends and make some new ones.

You were all my favorites  ;) .

G

Thanks to everyone involved in making this a great show.

Special thanks to Henry for helping me unpack and to Robin for room sitting and helping me pack up at the end.

Sir_Franc

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 10, 2005
AKA
Tim
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I couldn't make it to this years show, but glad it went so smoothly and you all had such a good time. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online