bommer

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
STEVENAGE
AKA
JOHN
hi,might be tempted to do some tube rolling shortly,

what are best sounding tubes out there,best brands etc.

should i stick with the kt-88's or say some 6550's or kt 90's.

i should add that i like a nice smoooooooooth sound;)
biggrin.png

thanks.

i_should_coco

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2006
GEC KT-88 are the creme de la creme, but horrifically expensive. I sold mine because I couldn't bear to burn them up. Svetlana KT-88 are very nice. I've also heard GE 6550A in a friend's amp and loved them too. They're a bit better value than the GECs.

Cheers,

Pete

Stuckinarut

One of the first
Wammer
Aug 9, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
For current production stuff, I got the impression on Tube asylum that the re-issue Tung Sols are very good. So I bought a set from Hotrox for my MV60SE and they are indeed.

bommer

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
STEVENAGE
AKA
JOHN
Sand Dancing Donkey Walker wrote:

bommer wrote:
wink.png
biggrin.png

thanks.
I would suggest the top of a hill would be a good start
biggrin.png
, or have I confused this with egg rolling at Easter.

Call the vet I have Donkey flue again.
not very constructive.....but made me laugh:D

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
go on, get something different to me. then we can compare notes:D. I have been very pleased with my Svetlana Winged Cs,but haven't heard anything else in the PL2.

it'll only be a matter of time before you start thinking about the little bottles as well:p

also, have pm'd you

bommer

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
STEVENAGE
AKA
JOHN
Anthony wrote:

go on, get something different to me. then we can compare notes:D. I have been very pleased with my Svetlana Winged Cs,but haven't heard anything else in the PL2.it'll only be a matter of time before you start thinking about the little bottles as well
tongue.png

also, have pm'd you
i know,iknow:)

pm received:cool:

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
bommer wrote:

Anthony wrote:
go on, get something different to me. then we can compare notes:D. I have been very pleased with my Svetlana Winged Cs,but haven't heard anything else in the PL2.it'll only be a matter of time before you start thinking about the little bottles as well
tongue.png

also, have pm'd you
i know,iknow:)

pm received:cool:
completely off topic, but Rosicky is looking bloody superb already. World class, as is Gallas, and both performing already. If Baptista is as good as expected, that will be three world class players purchased in the transfer window. very pleasant surprise. I am one very happy gooner at the moment

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sand Dancing Donkey Walker wrote:

bommer wrote:
wink.png
biggrin.png

thanks.
I would suggest the top of a hill would be a good start
biggrin.png
,  or have I confused this with egg rolling at Easter.
Are you sure it's not like cigar rolling? i.e. done on the thigh of a Cuban virgin? (make sure they're not still hot though.......)

tongue.png

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
bommer wrote:

Ant are you a Londoner living up north:?yeah i agree btw,premiership is in the bag mate:)
yep, born a north londoner of foreign parentage, moved up to edinburgh last year for a change of scenery and lifestyle. at least i can still get English MOTD on saturday evening, was worried I would be stuck with SPL - just can't get into scottish football, quality is poor and there is much too much religion and hatred bubbling around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.