ridley

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 12, 2007
Leicester, , United
AKA
Simon
Hi,

I've recently joined the Voyd owners club! The deck is fitted with a Helius Orion 3 which is wired with AN silver cable & has been checked etc by J7, after a bit of setting up of arm & suspension it is sounding fantastic.

My dilemma though is that I also have an AN arm3V2 & don't know if It's worth the trouble of making a new arm board to try it, also worth bearing in mind is that I plan to buy an I01 at some point in the not to distant future.

What do you guys think?

Cheers

Simon.

pure sound

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 10, 2011
West Devon
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Orion, if working properly, is still a very good design. It'll make for an interesting comparison.

i_should_coco

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2006
Actually, I can lend you an arm-board, I'm using the Alphason/Strain gauge on the Voyd at the moment.

ridley

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 12, 2007
Leicester, , United
AKA
Simon
Actually, I can lend you an arm-board, I'm using the Alphason/Strain gauge on the Voyd at the moment.
Hi Pete,

Thanks for your opinion & very kind offer, I'm going to have a go at making one but if I'm struggling I'll let you know.

Cheers

Simon.

G

I think I have a Rega fit Voyd armboard somewhere (thought the Voyd is long gone) if I can find it it's yours, PM me your address.

Oh and should add, I tried several arms on it and the Audio Note Arm3 v2 was the best by miles (with several cartridges including Ortofon Jubilee, Shelter 501 and an Io).

ridley

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 12, 2007
Leicester, , United
AKA
Simon
I think I have a Rega fit Voyd armboard somewhere (thought the Voyd is long gone) if I can find it it's yours, PM me your address.Oh and should add, I tried several arms on it and the Audio Note Arm3 v2 was the best by miles (with several cartridges including Ortofon Jubilee, Shelter 501 and an Io).
Thanks very much for that kind offer Tom, I'm going to make one this weekend but if I have any problems I'll let you know.

Having been using the Arm 3 for some time & knowing how good it is I would be a fool not to try it.

Cheers

Simon.

- - - Updated - - -

The FR64S is another nice match for the Voyd as are the Alphason Xenon & HR100S.
I've never heard an FR64S though have heard a HR100S on Phil's deck I think?

Cheers

Simon

B

BD Audio

PM sent to avoid breaking the AUP.

- - - Updated - - -

PS, Myrman please clear your in box.

speedysteve

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 25, 2007
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That's interesting.

When did the 64s go from being a want cos' you like shiny things, to a favourite? Have you had one on Voyd since Alfie's? - that test session many, many moons ago...

It did sound good that evening...

My favourite so far has been the FR64s....

i_should_coco

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 21, 2006
That's interesting. When did the 64s go from being a want cos' you like shiny things, to a favourite? Have you had one on Voyd since Alfie's? - that test session many, many moons ago...

It did sound good that evening...
Well, as I've said several times, it's probably the best sound (for my tastes) I had when Alfie brought his round.

ridley

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 12, 2007
Leicester, , United
AKA
Simon
Audio Note Arm 3v2 fitted & sounding very fine indeed. Compared to the very good Helius it digs a little deeper with a more powerfull & detailed bass, It's also a bit brighter sounding which suits my system fine, injecting a bit more life. well worth the effort making an arm board, which brings me nicely onto wammers to thank - Pete & Tom for offers of arm boards & Pete again for sending me CAD drawing, cheers.

Now a quick picy.

Simon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.