Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hope the wallet malfunction didn't slow you down to much 🤣
Ha!
Er, yes folks I dropped my wallet by accident at Shoebox Ady's and had to return for it. Luckily I discovered the loss at Chris's just 30 mins up the road so it didn't scupper the schedule too much. (There was a moment of panic when I reached for it in my back pocket and discovered it had gone along with my only means of puchasing fuel for the trip!). Then I saw I'd had a call on the mobe and suddenly I knew what had happened.
The other blip on the outward leg was my sat nav's refusal to compute my Manchester destination's postcode - that got me into a lot of bother as, of course, I hadn't done any homework on the route, relying on my new navigation gizmo. Bah!

Main things went right though and everyone got what they wanted out of this Taxi - which must be around the 5th or 6th.. Yes, Richard, I'm carrying on - after all Ive got to be bring back all the stuff that's gone up to Mike Pickwell's and Chris Reynard's for repair!

I'm quite good at finishing what I start.
This Honda Accord is light years better than the Mondeo which only lasted 5 months before I was getting dazzled by the warning lights on the dashboard and decided to scrap it.

Jack NSM

Reactions: Ady

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There was a 'Brucie Bonus' for my neighbour - he had agreed a price on a large picture that Bigrod had put up in the Classified 'Other stuff' thread and when I arrived in Eastwood Julian threw me the curved ball - 'going anywhere near Lurch's as he has bought a large picture from me?'

I took it with me, but was concerned that the car was going to be fuller on the way back than it was going up as I had my Jantzen floorstanders to collect and 'would I have room for it?'. Answer I did - just!

Jack NSM

Last edited:

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Many thanks to Andrew (bencat) who drove all the way from Liverpool to drop off his 'loaner' Theta DAC in Manchester where I was staying for my forthcoming CD v. LP test. (I did give him a housenumber two doors down, but he coped with that small issue..)

Kerry, my host, is a lifelong Liverpool football fan (and he went to Liverpool University) so he and Andrew had a brief conversation about the plight of the club before Kerry and I had to be off on a trip to Garstang. (They might have touched on the 7 - 0 drubbing of my team, but I'm over that.)

That Garstang (Lancs) trip with K was to visit the grave of our recently deceased schoolmate Ken, as a car problem had meant I couldnt go to the funeral a few weeks ago. Ken was my best mate from 18 to when I was in my thirties. We were all at school together (Farnborough Grammar) and Ken and I were also at the same University at the same time, though different years (Lancaster). He settled up there - hence the Lancashire resting place.

Jack

val

Wammer
New Wammer
Jul 3, 2007
London, , United Kin
AKA
Val
Good to meet you Jack, although only very briefly, hopefully we get chance to talk when you come to collect.
Good to meet you Jack, although only very briefly, hopefully we get chance to talk when you come to collect.
Hi Jack , please let me know when are you planning to drop some stuff to Mike Pickwell , as i need to send my cd player for upgrade . I am in London , happy to wait . Thank you . Val

Non-Smoking Man

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 31, 2009
Chichester W. Sussx.
AKA
Jack lambert
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It remains for Amormusic to collect his Kralks (immaculate) when next over and for JP and I to organise what to do with the bookshelf speakers. Its a while since you heard the horns, JP.. (one evening maybe?). Jag will get his cassette deck delivered , and Mike P is going to message me with the identity of his package.
Val - pm sent.

Jack NSM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.