Wammer
Wammer
Apr 12, 2013
coggeshall essex
AKA
chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have a nice pair of Snell K Mark I and would be interested in swapping plus cash for a pair of the J's if anyone has a underused pair ---- I'm probably being greedy as the K's work really well but there could be just a little bit more to get out of my amp with the slightly larger design.

I'd welcome thoughts and comments as I don't know the range well -- to be clear I wont sell the K's without finding a replacement -- they are a real find IMHO

tks

Jag

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Apr 29, 2010
Rustington
AKA
Jag
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
I have a nice pair of Snell K Mark I and would be interested in swapping plus cash for a pair of the J's if anyone has a underused pair ---- I'm probably being greedy as the K's work really well but there could be just a little bit more to get out of my amp with the slightly larger design.I'd welcome thoughts and comments as I don't know the range well -- to be clear I wont sell the K's without finding a replacement -- they are a real find IMHO

tks
The Snell or Audio Note J's are more full bodied and project more bass than the K's, I have both and really like them for different reasons. The K's are great sounding particularly in a smaller room close to the wall and in my experience they are slightly more "punchy" sounding but of course the connected amp and source will influence the sound to some extent.

hughandella

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 12, 2013
coggeshall essex
AKA
chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The Snell or Audio Note J's are more full bodied and project more bass than the K's, I have both and really like them for different reasons. The K's are great sounding particularly in a smaller room close to the wall and in my experience they are slightly more "punchy" sounding but of course the connected amp and source will influence the sound to some extent.
Thanks that makes perfect sense to me --- and I can see you have some collection of gear there ! -- lucky man --- I'd like to give the Js a try but as you mention the K are amazing for their price point -- it's the thin and light cones I'm certain ////// tks input

chris

eastone

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 18, 2012
London
AKA
Ian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I couldn't get AN-Js to work in my room, couldn't get the bass under control. i was using lower powered amplification than I am at present though...

nut

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 26, 2014
Eton wick, berkshire
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Having had snell A, E, K and now JII, I would thoroughly recommend them.

The As were wonderful.

But i can understand why the J are considered the sweet spot.

Jag

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Apr 29, 2010
Rustington
AKA
Jag
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Thanks that makes perfect sense to me --- and I can see you have some collection of gear there ! -- lucky man --- I'd like to give the Js a try but as you mention the K are amazing for their price point -- it's the thin and light cones I'm certain ////// tks input chris
Hi Chris, I just sent you a PM regarding some AN/J's. Yes I know I have been a bit naughty over the years buying lots of kit and a bit too much sometimes but I have now started the process of rationalising it all and only keeping the gear I use ....and a bit. Big task.

take5

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 17, 2008
lancs
AKA
brian
The Snell or Audio Note J's are more full bodied and project more bass than the K's, I have both and really like them for different reasons.

The K's are great sounding particularly in a smaller room close to the wall and in my experience they are slightly more "punchy" sounding but of course the connected amp and source will influence the sound to some extent.
Ive had Snell Ks and Js, and right now im looking at both the AN Js and Ks. ( the js are sounding great)

I pretty much agree with Jags thoughts. I think both are great.

However, although the Ks are not rear ported ( the Js are ) Ive found that the Ks sound best pulled out a bit from the back wall. In fact I position both in the same place. Out from back wall and away from sides.

hughandella

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 12, 2013
coggeshall essex
AKA
chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Chris, I just sent you a PM regarding some AN/J's. Yes I know I have been a bit naughty over the years buying lots of kit and a bit too much sometimes but I have now started the process of rationalising it all and only keeping the gear I use ....and a bit. Big task.
Your offer is extremely generous Jag and I would love to take you up on it .... I have declated an interest in a pair of LV seperately and will go ahead with that too rather han let seller down but if I can offer LVs to someone else even better

tks again -- PM sent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.