What’s your favourite source in your system?

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Have to say love using digital players which access all my music from a solid state hard drive . They also allow me access to FLAC level Radio Paradise all four streams and these make up most of my current listening .

Reactions: m7rso

m7rso

Hath Wammed
Wammer Plus
Aug 14, 2009
LIVERPOOL, U K.
AKA
Graham
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Imac through dac, anything i want on tap using my ipad as a remote to the imac using just Spotify. My Droplet is better for sure, but ease of use makes up for the sonic difference

Reactions: It Cost How Much!?!

antonio66

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 12, 2018
Grimsby/Phnom Penh
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
So much of what I like is on vinyl so it’s just fine. I tend to listen to music from the 50s-70s so a vinyl version is pretty much always available.
We would lose 40-50% of our music listening if we only used vinyl and our tastes aren't modern.

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was very fortunate to be bequeathed two nice vinyl collections of a lot of the music I like ..
I also have everything Bowie did as a single given to me by one of my late wife’s carers.. still need to clean and re sleeve most of them as they were in a loft for several years ..
I have so much vinyl to play with …

Reactions: Chumpchops

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This thread has made me think about why I am using my streamer so much. I think that I am getting more pleasure from discovering new music through streaming than I am from listening to known music on a much better sounding turntable.

Beyond you

Tuesday Music Night’s Est:1978
Wammer Plus
Feb 4, 2013
Hants
AKA
Matt
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My favourite is my turntable I love vinyl. However the most used source on my system for convenience is my Bluesound Node 2 and my Powernode 2i on my second system. I am a Tidal fan and love Friday’s new releases which helps decide if I purchase that album on vinyl or not.

Reactions: Iceman 16

madscientist

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 21, 2006
west sussex
AKA
paul
1. Notts Analogue Hyperspace with 12" Ace Anna tonearm, Benz Micro Glider into Paradise phonostage-still gives me the by far the most enjoyment.
2. Resolution Audio Opus 21 GNSC modded
3. Streaming usually well down the pecking order..useful for learning new songs and exploring

Idlewithnodrive

You should hear our version of Louie Louie
Wammer Plus
May 7, 2018
Virtually, everywhere
AKA
Mike
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Vinyl when I HAVE to own the Album.
CD when I WANT to own the Album.
Streaming when I listen for convenience and to discover new music.

Reactions: lazycat

MusicMan76

Just do what you know to be right!
Wammer Plus
Mar 1, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I love questions like this, gives me a chance to whinge about the good old vinyl days....O how I miss getting up ever 20 mins, lovingly remove static and dust, stop the TT, flip the LP, brush again...and the snap crackle and pop as your reward :)

All jokes aside, I find modern DACs and music mastering to be pretty darn good. However in defence of Vinyl, it is far far too easy to change what you are listening too and therefore rarely listen to an entire album!

Reactions: bigrod

MusicMan76

Just do what you know to be right!
Wammer Plus
Mar 1, 2023
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
CDs ripped to hard disc.

But my favourite source in terms of selection is still YouTube
Me too....but far far too much Dire Straits and Dianna Krall out there!!! I avoid the hi fi show clips for that reason.

I find Roon a great way of finding new music...it's ability to make recommendations based on what you listen too at a given time is brilliant. And I do love Tidal's listings of similar artists...this has really opened me up to new music.

MVJ

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Apr 9, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My favourite component is my Esoteric C-O3 Dual Mono Preamplifier by far the best Pre I have had & I've had a few.👌🏻😍

It was the component that unlocked my ability to build a great sounding system in my room after several years of box swopping and speaker changes.

I had the confidence that what I was hearing was correct and I could clearly hear differences between components The best thing is it is so versatile being able adjust so many parameters.

It's a keeper for sure👍

My Event Opal Monitors come a close second they Work in my music room better that any other I have tried and there has been a few of them too.

Ady

Shoebox Ady. United by a love of music & equipment
Wammer Plus
Oct 13, 2018
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
About 12 years ago I decided to jump down the rabbit hole of using a turntable to reproduce/listen to music. I'm still loving it and have no intention of stopping using it as my main source.
Cheers
Ady

Reactions: bigrod

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.