Wammer
Wammer
Jul 12, 2011
Kilmarnock
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Anyone know where I could buy, or get made, 2 wooden cases to house speaker crossovers? They'll be sitting on my rack so I'd like them to be reasonably good quality and not made from some old banana box. I need them to be around 200mm x 200mm x 80mm. Ta.

S

stereo70

Have a look on eBay for antique cigar boxes, some of them can be lovely wooden boxes and if you find two of the same kind they might work for you.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
local auction house on a household good day...you'd be amazed, but I'd be amazed if you find a matching pairs.

Pairs means prices.

S

stereo70

local auction house on a household good day...you'd be amazed, but I'd be amazed if you find a matching pairs.Pairs means prices.
They do, but two seperate different auctions are your best bet. You could also look into antique tea boxes but they tend to be expensive, you could just type ''wooden box'' into the search field and see what comes up.

killie99

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 12, 2011
Kilmarnock
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I did type 'wooden box' and got 3 bazillion items returned. Ones with a screw down lid seem to be thin on the ground, they're mostly hinged types. I've PM'd BobC to see if he can offer his services .....

killie99

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 12, 2011
Kilmarnock
AKA
Stuart
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
bizarrely I hadn't thought of looking in 'bestmassage' for boxes, well not wooden boxes :bouncey: .

Found someone on fleabay to make me a couple of mdf ones, I'll report back once I have them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.