As an experiment

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
I moved my cd player amps and speakers into my lounge which is a bit bigger than my other room.

Speakers are about 7 feet apart I'm about 10 feet away from them and
shock.gif.7732780fe7e208b945ce79ca96402fca.gif

I'm on the second playing of the wish you were here album, and I did actually shed a tear during Shine on you crazy diamond.

the speaks can't atay where they are but I'm pretty sure I wanna move my hifi into this room
smile.png

G

our new lounge ant will be around 45m2 and we will be 10 meters away from the speakers.:pshould sound great i think.

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
Ant wrote:

I'm on the second playing of the wish you were here album, and I did actually shed a tear during Shine on you crazy diamond.
I often have this problem when somebody pulls out Pulse or DSOTM at a bakeoff, especially during the second or third playing
wink.png
tongue.png

meninblack

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 20, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Biscuit wrote:

Ant wrote:
I often have this problem when somebody pulls out Pulse or DSOTM at a bakeoff, especially during the second or third playing
wink.png
tongue.png
I often get an uncontrollable urge to go to the toilet. Dire Straits can do it, too.
tongue.png

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
Duvet wrote:

Ahem . What did i tell you:p
No one likes a smart arse
smile.png
To be honest there is another issue in this room and thats that it's a bit more lively than the other one. I'll have to have a listen and see what is the lesser of two evils
smile.png

kennyk

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
d'ya think its possible that its more to do with syd popping his clogs than you humphing speakers into another room?
wink.png
allrun.gif.2dcd1cfcd00feccff4530e9a308ebccd.gif

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
I've played it a bit since Syd died and never had this reaction, I did cry when I played Opus though

Syd RIP

G

Ant is it just a furnishing thing. Have you done the old handclap test in both rooms.

G

rudolph hucker wrote:

our new lounge ant will be around 45m2 and we will be 10 meters away from the speakers.:pshould sound great i think.
10 metres away, you gonna have to get different speakers then!!!

1 your current ones will have trouble driving a room that size

2 whatever you get will be unlikely to produce any soundstage at that distance, (except perhaps large horns, or very large cone speakers like JBLs and such)

G

analoguekid wrote:

rudolph hucker wrote:

2 whatever you get will be unlikely to produce any soundstage at that distance, (except perhaps large horns, or very large cone speakers like JBLs and such)
Yep i hope Rudi got his imperial and metric mixed up.
tongue.png

G

Duvet wrote:

analoguekid wrote:
rudolph hucker wrote:

tongue.png
nope 10 meter long lounge.

G

rudolph hucker wrote:

Duvet wrote:
analoguekid wrote:
rudolph hucker wrote:

tongue.png
nope 10 meter long lounge.
but only 4.5 m wide, not gonna sound that good me thinks
wink.png
you'd be better firing across the room with hifi somewhere near the middle of the long wall, IMHO

G

well a t shape lounge and hall ,10 meter long but half of that goes out to the hall and bedrooms. so in fact around a 60 m2 square lounge. going to get a 50inch hidef plasma for the wall.

may put the stereo in one of the bedrooms, when we get the jadis that is.

M

murray johnson

Rudi,

You should have bought that Vitavox system and either cladded it in some nice wood or built it into the end wall. Thats what you need in a room that size!

bigvitavox.jpg

You don't want to be messing around with little boxes in there.

You need some air management

Ant

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 5, 2005
Hythe, Kent
AKA
Antony
Duvet wrote:

Ant is it just a furnishing thing. Have you done the old handclap test in both rooms.
furnishing is one part of it. Done the handclap thing and have recrded a couple of albums in this house
smile.png
Vocals are usually done in the front room drums in the back

Stuckinarut

One of the first
Wammer
Aug 9, 2005
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
murray johnson wrote:

bigvitavox.jpg

You don't want to be messing around with little boxes in there.

You need some air management
Why have you got an underground Nuclear bunker in your back garden?

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Ant wrote:

Duvet wrote:
furnishing is one part of it. Done the handclap thing and have recrded a couple of albums in this house
smile.png
Vocals are usually done in the front room drums in the back
what's the handclap test (although I can probably guess)?

New flat has a rather empty, echoey lounge at the minute due to lack of furniture (to be sorted over time). need a rug, bookshelves, armchair etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online