Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not sure that we are any nearer determining how the large rooms will be split up and if those that have requested large rooms - myself included - are prepared to share.

I only visited the large rooms last year but I did not notice any troublesome noise bleed through from neighbouring rooms even though the partions are only temporary.  I think the exhibitors set their respective systems up to try and minimise this and presumably kept volume under control. 

My suggestion on room share would be two systems in each of Ashby and Kingston - the larger of the rooms with one system playing for the first half of the day and the other for the second half - I think this would be easiest for visitors to understand and plan for, rather than hour on hour off slots. Saturday could be more fluid and could even be quite fun switching between the two systems regularly as a kind of bake-off showdown.

Why I have suggested discussion on this is that a room share would mean that those exhibitors would be hauling a large amount of kit for just a 3 1/2 hour slot on the Sunday (plus playing time on Saturday) and that maybe insufficient to justify the logistics involved. Personally, I would be prepared to share but accept that others may feel different.

Throughout this thread I have acknowledged that the organisers decision on this is final and it looks like some will be disappointed as requests for these rooms are oversubscribed. If we can get a general consensus on room sharing both from organisers and potential exhibitors then perhaps this will aid in the final decision making process.  

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
great post Richard, you are correct I can see 7 requests

I would reiterate for everyone else that there are no 'larger' bedrooms, the hotel has only 2 types of bedrooms;

• standard rooms are 20 sq.m  - these are only allocated for sleeping / storage
  • superior rooms (most of the rooms) are about 25 sq.m. - these are allocated by the team for exhibitors, can be made up as twin if requested (NOW)

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
great post Richard, you are correct I can see 7 requests

I would reiterate for everyone else that there are no 'larger' bedrooms, the hotel has only 2 types of bedrooms;

• standard rooms are 20 sq.m  - these are only allocated for sleeping / storage
  • superior rooms (most of the rooms) are about 25 sq.m. - these are allocated by the team for exhibitors, can be made up as twin if requested (NOW)
Looking at the exhibitor Spreadsheet I can see 9 possible requests for a 'large room' but I don't think it is clear on some of these whether the request is for a larger bedroom or one of the conference rooms.  Does this need to be clarified? 

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
have flagged this to the allocations team, but people keep asking for 'large' rooms which simply don't exist at Kegworth

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
have flagged this to the allocations team, but people keep asking for 'large' rooms which simply don't exist at Kegworth
Worth sending a group PM to all those where there is any doubt plus those who have expressed a clear preference for a large room to ensure that they still are looking to exhibit? - some are not frequent posters on here. 

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
....got to add - not frequent posters on here but want 'premium' rooms - doesn't work in my world 

• Upvote
Reactions: Lurch

Jester 7

Jester
Wammer
Mar 30, 2019
Henley on Thames
AKA
Chris de Hoedt
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As only a one year member, I am catching up on the Kegworth protocol, so a little late to join the party on this thread.

Having fairly new 3.5KW 55kg each KiiBXT actives I too have listed for a larger exhibition room to help cope with the potential 115db peaks.

I was planning on a van rental to bring 3 large systems up from Oxfordshire.  But maybe I should kerb my enthusiasm?

Any advise appreciated?  Please can someone say when should I plan to arrive and what day/time are the systems expected to be up and running?

A twin bed room would help for Sat and Sun accommodation, as I am bringing a helper, if possible.

Apologies if this post is in the wrong place . . . 

/

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Any advise appreciated?  Please can someone say when should I plan to arrive and what day/time are the systems expected to be up and running?
Read the notes for Exhibitors, they can be found by clicking on the WAM 2020 banner at the top of this page and then click on the Exhibitors link at the top right hand corner.

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As only a one year member, I am catching up on the Kegworth protocol, so a little late to join the party on this thread.

Having fairly new 3.5KW 55kg each KiiBXT actives I too have listed for a larger exhibition room to help cope with the potential 115db peaks.

I was planning on a van rental to bring 3 large systems up from Oxfordshire.  But maybe I should kerb my enthusiasm?

A twin bed room would help for Sat and Sun accommodation, as I am bringing a helper, if possible.

Apologies if this post is in the wrong place . . . 

/
we had a real problem tracking you down as you put the wrong user name (Viper7) on the spreadsheet, will flag to the allocations team

orangeart

KJF Audio Ltd
HiFi Trade
Jan 21, 2014
Warwick (ish)
AKA
Stefan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm looking forward to hearing the big Kii, I'm next door though so keep those 3.5kW down a little  :D

Last edited by a moderator:

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm looking forward to hearing the big Kii, I'm next door though so keep those 3.5kW down a little  :D
Just added up my amp wattage Stefan .....725 WPC so you could have a total of 5Kw next to you ......that might drag the 240v down a bit ☹️

MF 1000

Extreme Full Range 😱
Wammer Plus
Apr 5, 2011
Caego
AKA
Keith
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've often wondered how much power gets consumed over a WAM weekend 

• Haha
Reactions: Tony_J