coherent systems.

browellm

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 9, 2008
Dealers in general are on a losing ticket with many Wammers, whatever they do. If they don't bend over backwards, they are lazy. If they do, they are pushy. If they refuse your offer of 50% off the retail price, they are money-grabbing, if they do, they are an idiot. If they tell someone politely that their 1985 CD player is uneconomic for repair, they are rude. If they can fix it and charge a decent price to do so, the dealer is 'just trying to rip you off'. Once in a blue moon, someone gets some praise for doing a good job. But usually when someone does something good, it goes unreported. When someone screws up - and we're all human, screw ups happen - the knives are out.
Seeing as you reference this board's members directly, I'll respond.

In March there were 10 dealer rating left by the members. 9 were positive, 1 was not http://www.hifiwigwam.com/showthread.php?32-Dealer-ratings./page12

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
having had my bel canto refs modded by tony i have enjoyed them so much. they gave me several years of sheer bliss and worked well with several floorstanders

the belles monoblocks are just good value single ended dynamic power amps. david belles doesn`t believe in complicating things and they are pretty good value compared to mxr [12k] . of course they are not as good as mxr but they are good enough for me

i like them as they are relatively easy to move and they really make that drum sound realistic. they work very well with my passive and here i differ with mr t who always advocates a active pre but i may change in future if i can hear the difference !

i have had all coherant loom and now have mostly heavy duty copper but the 5d digital is the dogs b....

certainly the ravioli under the speakers can instantly be heard [imho] and really adds to the naturalness of the whole thing

Howlindawg

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 9, 2009
Leixlip, Ireland
AKA
Martin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Never looked inside one but I read somewhere that Black Ravioli are a laminate material containing kevlar (akin to bullet-proof vests) intended to absorb kinetic/vibration energy.
I was told by a dealer that the material inside was originally used in submarine construction.

He also made reference to the fact that it was difficult to work and required some elaborate cutting gear.

:dunno:

johnniebaby

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 11, 2006
Midlands
AKA
John
I was told by a dealer that the material inside was originally used in submarine construction.He also made reference to the fact that it was difficult to work and required some elaborate cutting gear.

Should work well under your sub then :run:

skazz

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 3, 2007
Netherlands
I know it's not really appropriate to the discussion, but my advice to the OP is to test and "calibrate" your music listening skills by going to live concerts. Particularly acoustic concerts help you a great deal.

And besides, a live concert with good musicians is a great evening out for any hifi forum denizen....

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I know it's not really appropriate to the discussion, but my advice to the OP is to test and "calibrate" your music listening skills by going to live concerts. Particularly acoustic concerts help you a great deal. And besides, a live concert with good musicians is a great evening out for any hifi forum denizen....
absolutely, i love to go to the symphony hall and listen to a concert and then come back and listen again on my very inadequate kit which of course is nothing compared to the 600 tubes of the symphony hall organ but its still fun!!!

ob1

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 12, 2007
outside....Norwich,
AKA
OB
I don't like the idea of Ravioli on top of my speakers or under my amps at all, on my dinner plate that where they should be, with a big king pranws on top just like the pic below :love: :love:

crab_ravioli_saffron_cream_sauce.jpg

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I don't like the idea of Ravioli on top of my speakers or under my amps at all, on my dinner plate that where they should be, with a big king pranws on top just like the pic below :love: :love:
crab_ravioli_saffron_cream_sauce.jpg
Mmmmm......... If you get a chance take this geezers arm off to eat this food. :love: :love: :love: :love:

Oh and con him you know about hifi as well.

Are you tempted by the BIG K???

JamPal

Content Provider
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Sussex, West Side
AKA
James
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was told by a dealer that the material inside was originally used in submarine construction.He also made reference to the fact that it was difficult to work and required some elaborate cutting gear.

Funny that, I was told by the dealer that is was used by the MOD and had been developed by NASA. :doh: :)

Surely some one can open one up and post a piccy?

pmac

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 19, 2005
Funny that, I was told by the dealer that is was used by the MOD and had been developed by NASA. :doh: :) Surely some one can open one up and post a piccy?
Nah, you need "elaborate cutting gear" ;-)

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I heard that it was the same stuff they use in hi-tech punchbags, the sort favoured by cage fighters.

If they can absorb that sort of punishment they can absorb anything :fight:

B

BD Audio

I heard that it was the same stuff they use in hi-tech punchbags, the sort favoured by cage fighters.If they can absorb that sort of punishment they can absorb anything :fight:
They were also used extensively in the development of Alfa Romeo rally cars as a lightweight composite to attempt to counter balance the weight of portly drivers.

huwge

Wammer
Wammer
May 11, 2007
Cymru
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'll have to 'fess up

I've black ravioli under my amp and dac, for 2 years now I think and they're staying put

Do they may make more difference than my silver interconnects and trichord research powerblock, which are also staying put, who knows?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.