coherent systems.

snowy

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 11, 2010
, ,
Good after morning. Yesterday I entertained Tony Sallis, of Coherent systems, at my house. He spent the day setting up my system and demoing the Belles pre and power amps. A very knowledgeable gentleman. Just carrying out some minor tweaks, which did not involve parting with cash, made quite a bit of difference. This involved speaker positioning, playing a set up disc, etc etc. Above all we discovered that the power amps in my system were the weakest link, not by any major margin though. We ended up with the Belles 200 power amps and the LA-01 pre in the circuit which was quite impressive, But to my ears not a dramatic difference, of coarse Tony could hear a lot more of what was going on than I could. I don't think I have got the hang of listening to the depth's of music that other's do. I tend to get hung up on listening to single instruments may be, rather than listen to or even sensing the whole picture. Any way I had a very informative day with him and I haven't spent any money, YET.

One of the things that surprised me, apart from the cost of them, was the difference BLACK RAVIOLI makes under the equipment. To me they are seriously expensive for what looks like a square of rubber,there is obviously more to it than that, which I guess some of you will attest to.

So after that session I feel a bit shell socked and will have to take stock of what I am going to do with my system.

What do you think of Coherent cables and mains accessories? I have got Transparent at the moment but will have consider changing to Coherent. Bloody hi-fi, who needs it?

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As he is a banned member and has no right of reply I doubt this thread will be here very long

hifinutt

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 23, 2007
midlands , , United
AKA
phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
fantastic you tried the mb200 , i just love them . also the bigfeet is under most of my kit apart from speakers which i like sonority design

whatever mixed feelings people have about mr t he works damm hard for his money and my kits sounds a lot better for his advice [and many other dealers too]

snowy

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 11, 2010
, ,
Sorry, I thought this forum was so that people could make comments freely. I am not really in the wigwam loop and don't understand the, should we say, clickiness that is involved. next time I want to make a comment I will ask someone first. Any way why is he banned?

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
Reasons for banning will not be discussed for a variety of reasons.

Post what you wish in line with the AUP; if any of the mods think there's a problem, we will let you know.

Anyway, sounds like you had an interesting time with that kit: :^ .

Tel

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 13, 2006
Hove Actually
AKA
Kevin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I think ravioli is a total waste of money and does absolutely nothing except separate the gullible from their cash

G

Pls keep the discussion on the kit and not the people and this thread will be fine . Any personal comments and i'll lock it .

stebbo

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 2, 2005
, ,
Above all we discovered that the power amps in my system were the weakest link, not by any major margin though.
How did you come to this conclusion?

of coarse Tony could hear a lot more of what was going on than I could.
What a surprise that a salesman with a vested interest could hear more than you. Are you surprised?

don't think I have got the hang of listening to the depth's of music that other's do. I tend to get hung up on listening to single instruments may be, rather than listen to or even sensing the whole picture. Any way I had a very informative day with him and I haven't spent any money, YET.
What you have or havent spent is not very important, but the seed has been planted that someone other than you is a "golden eared" person. Irrespective of the individual what you report has happened is fairly basic sales techniques.

Quite simply what the hell does listening in depth actualy mean?

• Upvote
Reactions: JamPal

peteAllen

Wammer
Wammer
Jun 2, 2009
London, UK
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Tony also made a visit to mine, and was very helpful in determining that my speakers were not correctly positioned - this has made quite a big change.

He also demonstrated the black ravioli big feet, and i was impressed enough to buy a pair. To my ears they don't have as much an effect as stillpoints or aurios, I mean this in a positive way, the black ravioli seems to just let the sound flow more freely (hard to describe sorry). My favourite is still putting aurios under stillpoints but this makes a very tall support

I *think* what snowy & tony meant was depth of soundstage / 3-dimensionality / inner structure or whatever label you can come up with to describe the way sounds can seem to come from behind the speakers as well as in front of them

unclepuncle

Wammer
Wammer
Apr 11, 2007
Northants
Combine a thread about the merits of cables, isolation equipment and a dealer, who for whatever reason has many enemies on here, and the result is depressingly inevitable:doh:

Polarbear

Old bear
Wammer Plus
Jul 24, 2005
AKA
PB
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
yes, the mods will be watching carefully.

Lets stick to the AUP please.

Jan 11, 2006
Hi,

seems that your a bit unsure if you heard improvements or not.

As best you can try letting your ears do the work. :^

Only you know if it sounded better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online