I’ve just been blown away by my own system… Again!

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Some probably aware that I have a new room for music and as good as that is, can present itself with a new set of problems.

Speakers as we know, are the main issue when setting up and I’ve positioned them countless times to tweak the sound. 
The room has had some acoustic home made tweaks etc and covered all the basics.

Well today, I’ve tweaked again with the speakers and the kit and quite frankly I don’t know why I didn’t do this before because I’ve just been smacked in the face by the improvement.

No fancy cables or power leads here! Just a tidy of wires, speakers closer and slightly back and stacked the racking. 
Primaluna Pre and Copland power in reserve with the Sugden A21a Signature doing the job. I have better dynamics, bass along with the already impressive texture and soundstage. 
Seriously, no money spent and just paying attention to detail. Blown away, love it! 
BTW, What you may find by Artic Lake is a dream track for imagery and vocals. 

Now

C493F91F-F015-49D2-B005-2839C27239A9.jpeg

Before

713C4D9D-2DF3-4CD4-A0F2-DF4BA693210E.jpeg

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Keeping your spkrs now ?  Think we become "fixed" & dont see the light for the trees sometimes. The best sound improvements often cost little or nothing.  :)
Not sure yet, I’ve just got them singing the best they have for a long time. The sugden Brings one thing to the party and the Copland/Primaluna brings another. Best of both worlds I suppose 

Reactions: uzzy and hiesteem

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Speakers have come on along way. I grabbed a pair of these Q Acoustics 3030i’s offered currently at £225. I challenge anyone who can better them with an equivalent speaker from the 90’s impressive little things they are. The better the kit they are on, the better they sound. 
They were going to be a stand in whilst I was looking to replace the Harbeths. I think if you were blindfolded, you would think they were a lot more expensive sounding.

8A9DC0AC-5443-4272-9EEF-A93145123855.jpeg

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Speakers have come on along way. I grabbed a pair of these Q Acoustics 3030i’s offered currently at £225. I challenge anyone who can better them with an equivalent speaker from the 90’s impressive little things they are. The better the kit they are on, the better they sound. 
They were going to be a stand in whilst I was looking to replace the Harbeths. I think if you were blindfolded, you would think they were a lot more expensive sounding.

795F46C1-1FBB-4B75-BFB4-FDBF1F4E9B66.jpeg
I found the same with my Acoustic 3020is!

HansBertil

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 13, 2018
Sweden
AKA
Bertil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve heard a couple of different Q Acoustics in HiFi shows and have never been disappointed. Seems to be good value for money. The setup with the Harbeths seems very nice though. And now a bit OT: I notice a common guitarist in the album covers on the back wall. But I fail to identify the cover in the bottom right. Any clue?

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve heard a couple of different Q Acoustics in HiFi shows and have never been disappointed. Seems to be good value for money. The setup with the Harbeths seems very nice though. And now a bit OT: I notice a common guitarist in the album covers on the back wall. But I fail to identify the cover in the bottom right. Any clue?
Lol.. that’s Wishbone Ash. 
Need to change the display soon 😊

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.