Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2009
Scotland
AKA
happy enough
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So just asking if any one has a opinion , i have been getting back in to some tunes on my old hifi , re ossitioning things etc , theres quiet a lot of it, mini disks dard drives etc , but was going to do some cleaning or plugs , leads etc , yes you can buy the russ andrews wet wipes sort of things, which are it seems priced ok, etc but i was wondering if just normal stuff might just do as a good a job thinking prehaps duralglit sort of thing to rub mains plug pins , rca sockets and then clean or the things with some thing like isoplro alcoholl, or simelare and then even a wipe with wd40  something ?? There is also some sort of paste you can get in a tube that is a bit gritty sort of thing usd it to clean pegs on a bass guitar , once , cds do they need a wipe, a frind of mine a long while ago by mistake used wd40 silicon spray to get rid of some sticky marks on a production c d we had for a theatre show, not sure what he was going to us, and from then on he would regulalry wipe cds with the wd40 silicon , i think it was a car product for rubber door seals. 

Just about to set about making a full set of my own rca connectors with basic vandamm cables and cheap plugs, for my re vamped system , including getting rid of several thick mains cables and a number of stiff coax commercial cables that are a pain to put in and out ,so looking forward to say two multicore cables in a nice pair of cable wraps easy to plug up etc , i at present also seem to have gone to the dark side and have my speakers plonked on a old pa cabinet and a pair os small pallets side on screwed together with some sorbathane feet on top of them? Its just a stop gap, but still able to play tunes, going to paint some diy stands up eventually ,nice whit house paint? Lowendall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online