DIY loudspekaer spotted in Tom Hunter's image

dari

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 1, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
IMG_0884.jpeg

The image is called The Art of Squatting, (1997), and it is by Tom Hunter.
I bet the music sounded beautiful in these settings and with these artists around :cool:

dari

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 1, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I bet it didn’t. At least not unless you were under the influence of some illegal substances.
Mmm... this is a very interesting comment. At first it appears a little cliche. Do we really know which class in the society use more drugs? Poor, rich, middle? That opens another can od worms: define poor, define rich as opposed to wealthy.
Is it the settings, in which the photo was taken, that dictate you any particular memories (own or coming from a cultural and social upbringing) which prompted that comment?

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Mmm... this is a very interesting comment. At first it appears a little cliche. Do we really know which class in the society use more drugs? Poor, rich, middle? That opens another can od worms: define poor, define rich as opposed to wealthy.
Is it the settings, in which the photo was taken, that dictate you any particular memories (own or coming from a cultural and social upbringing) which prompted that comment?
Cliche? Class? Poor? Wealthy? Cultural and social upbringing?!! Methinks you give me far too much credit for the depth of my artistic and social insight! :ROFLMAO:

I merely looked at the picture as an engineer and former loudspeaker designer and saw a nasty drive unit with a twin cone, allied to another nasty drive unit with a shiny dust cap badly bodged into a dreadful home-made cabinet and shoved up by the ceiling.

I then concluded that you may well have to smoke something pretty strong to find the sound that this will make to be "beautiful". Then again, if there's enough paint fumes in the room already, maybe not...

dari

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 1, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Cliche? Class? Poor? Wealthy? Cultural and social upbringing?!! Methinks you give me far too much credit for the depth of my artistic and social insight! :ROFLMAO:

I merely looked at the picture as an engineer and former loudspeaker designer and saw a nasty drive unit with a twin cone, allied to another nasty drive unit with a shiny dust cap badly bodged into a dreadful home-made cabinet and shoved up by the ceiling.

I then concluded that you may well have to smoke something pretty strong to find the sound that this will make to be "beautiful". Then again, if there's enough paint fumes in the room already, maybe not...
Than I gave you not enough credit for being an engineer ;)

Just as some chose a specific veneer for their loudspeaker cabinets and they can imagine all sort of things just by lookong at it (and definitely music sounds better too!), here - with the Tom Hunter image - I can easilly imagine music sounding good there. Maybe it is because my insight into his photography is bigger than my insight into engineering :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

RMutt

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 24, 2013
Sorry, this isn’t going well is it? It’s a play on The Art of Painting by Vermeer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles