Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2009
Somewhere
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am retiring from audio. Yes, after many years of Audiophilia my system is up for sale.

You can buy any or all of the following items. There will be spare tubes available for tube kit.  Collection would be preferable, especially for the tube kit. Located in Cheshire.

1. PrimaLuna Prologue Premium Preamplifier + remote control. I have upgraded the tubes on this which was sanctioned by Durob Audio (distributors) to Mullard GZ33 rectifiers and Brimar 13D5 for the small signal tubes. The original tubes are available, unused. This pre is as new and was bought brand new by me only a couple of months ago. £1295

2. Megahertz Reference Preamplifier. This has it's own seperate power supply and is one of the best preamps I have heard using 6SN7 drivers for EL34 output tubes. £1250

3. Gate Audio EL34 monoblocks. These are a superb 25W/channel amps running Mullard GZ32 rectifiers and 12AT7/12AU7 pre tubes. £850

4. Monarchy Audio SM70 Pro Class A amplifiers. There are 2 of these which I run as monoblocks and are damn fine amps. These are 80 w/channel. There is plenty of info on the web for these. £950

5. Audio Addicted Speakers. These are a full range single driver speaker around 98dB no crossover involved and will work with very low and fairly high ouput amps. The speaker isolation platforms are also available for a small addition £975

6. Ming Da MC200 tube CD Player. This is quite a rare beast that uses 2 x  5670 tubes and retailed for £1400   £575

7. A pair of REL T-7 subwoofers  £499

8. Marantz CD7300 CD Player  £95

FDF358B8-985E-4293-BFAA-28171C4AF363.png

4F671CDF-03ED-4F0F-97B9-2D0CEEDA5C54.jpeg

SmartSelect_20220909_032401_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20220909_032344_Chrome.jpg

1662672777300.png

1662673040541.png

1662674502335.png

81DCN0nd9HL._SS500_.jpg

SmartSelect_20220909_032325_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mr.me

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2009
Somewhere
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Not a problem I could collect.
OK, noted.

Really would like to sell everything in one go as I don't want to be left with a part system but if I can get enough interest in individual items then that might be a solution.

montesquieu

Renaissance Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2021
Sandhurst, UK
AKA
Tom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Curious as to how two preamps, two power amps, two CD players, two subs and once set of single driver speakers can work together as a 'system' :) How have you got it all wired? Or do you move the speaker cables between one pre-power-CD combo and another?

It's probably unlikely that anyone other than a dealer would want to take on the whole lot, I'm sure you'd do better selling individually.

Anyway having a soft spot for an interesting preamp I have to say that Megahertz Reference looks very tasty. Linestage I assume? (No phono?). Likewise MingDa tube CDP, could well be interested in that if/when you split.

mr.me

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2009
Somewhere
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Curious as to how two preamps, two power amps, two CD players, two subs and once set of single driver speakers can work together as a 'system' :) How have you got it all wired? Or do you move the speaker cables between one pre-power-CD combo and another?

It's probably unlikely that anyone other than a dealer would want to take on the whole lot, I'm sure you'd do better selling individually.

Anyway having a soft spot for an interesting preamp I have to say that Megahertz Reference looks very tasty. Linestage I assume? (No phono?). Likewise MingDa tube CDP, could well be interested in that if/when you split.
Just swap out the interconnects at the power amps to switch between preamps. Tha Marantz is used as a transport for the Xiang Sheng DAC. I have an Audiolab transport for my DIY 1541 DAC (which I am keeping). I swap out the power amps when I want a different flavour. I occasionally swap the source between preamps. The subs are connected at all times via the speaker outputs.

The Megahertz Reference preamp is, as you suggest, linestage only and not only looks "tasty" but sounds it too. A fantastic pre built by a small Italian company.

http://www.megahertzaudio.it/prodotti/preamplificatori/

You are probably correct regarding trying to sell as a complete system but I don't want to be left with half of the kit. As I have had some interest in different items then I will consider selling seperately. 

Lawrence001

Mega Wammer
Wammer
Jul 21, 2015
London
AKA
Lawrence
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm also a fan of stereo subs and can confirm from personal experience that they add to the sound. Not in terms of increased power handling or spreading a theoretically mono signal wider, but improving the whole soundstage in good stereo recordings of acoustic music with plenty of hall ambience.

Probably not much difference on rock and dance is that's your thing.

klindar

Wammer
Wammer
Dec 20, 2009
Lancashire
AKA
Mark
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Interested in the Megahertz Reference preamp if you decide to split...

Also, just wondering what the item is on the RHS of the preamp, assuming the matching power supply is underneath?

Pre-Amp.jpg

Audio Al

Confirmed Super Numpty
Wammer
Nov 4, 2012
Boston, Lincs
AKA
Allen
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Think long and hard . LONG AND HARD , Give it 2 weeks and see if you still feel the same  :nerves:

nut

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 26, 2014
Eton wick, berkshire
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Would appreciate more info and prices  about the el34 monos and the Megahertz Reference preamp if you decide to split.

But i'd give it more time.

In the last year my life was turned upside down and in shock i almost sold everything.

Pleased i did not.

Always best to let dust settle.

If not relevant please ignore me!

Thanks.

mr.me

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2009
Somewhere
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Interested in the Megahertz Reference preamp if you decide to split...

Also, just wondering what the item is on the RHS of the preamp, assuming the matching power supply is underneath?

1662898914353.png
Haha! that's my secret weapon. It's a couple of 12v SLA batteries that I use to run a couple of fans underneath the pre on hot days just to make sure i keep the components cool.  :) . I've not made my mind up as yet whether to split but it's possibly the only way sell. If you are interested then PM me to discuss.

mr.me

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2009
Somewhere
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Would appreciate more info and prices  about the el34 monos and the Megahertz Reference preamp if you decide to split.

But i'd give it more time.

In the last year my life was turned upside down and in shock i almost sold everything.

Pleased i did not.

Always best to let dust settle.

If not relevant please ignore me!

Thanks.
The Gate Audio monos are a product of Glass Audio Tube Engineering which is now defunct but the chief designer/engineer is still operating and will do any servicing should it be required.

https://www.vintagevalveandvinyl.co.uk/about-us/

Again, if you are seriously interested then PM me to discuss.

mr.me

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 2, 2009
Somewhere
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As suggested it would be best to offer each item individually but my aim still is not to be left with just part of the system. I have listed prices for each item in the OP but I will need to wait until, say to the end of June to see if I can find buyers for all the components listed. So if anyone wants a particular item then PM me and if price is agreed then I will reserve it for you. If at the end of the month I have found buyer for most of the listed items then I will proceed with the sale but if only a couple of items have been reserved then I will withdraw the sale and keep the system. Hope this is acceptable.

antonio66

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 12, 2018
Grimsby/Phnom Penh
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
  2. No
Pleased you have decided to split, not too many have dual pre and power amps so I would see this as a stumbling block to selling the system as a whole.  Good luck, you have some beautiful pieces there and I'm sure they will sell, it just takes time.

jatinder

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 25, 2010
South-east England
AKA
Jatinder
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi,

I see that the Monarch SM-70 Pro amps are reserved.

If the sale doesn't complete then I'm interested in them as well.

Thanks,
--Jatinder

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.