Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
boxer wrote:

Yeah, only heard good things about Lavardin, but do they have the power (as Papa, the man who knows, points out)?
Yup, the IT has power & bass slam ! (But the lesser Lavardins don't).

griffo104

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 30, 2005
Newport
AKA
Griffo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
uzzy wrote:

boxer wrote:
Of the suggestions made so far, I reckon the Mac is a better bet than the Krell for the Arcs.A used Audio Research integrated may be interesting if you can find one: should have enough grunt, but also a hint of warmth.

WB often use Chord amps at shows, but this seems a bit too "hi-fi" to my ears.

Do WB not distribute Audionet electronics? May be worth a shot?

Boxer
Oh we forgot the Levardin which I have not yet heard anyone diss.

Uzzy
Probably cos they are so damn nice.

Another recommendation for the Lavardins here as well.

I'd also look at the Ayre as mentioned.

Both these brands have a sweetness which really gets you into the music but may not be initially impressive in a demo so maybe try and get a home demo if possible.

I've only heard the WBs with Chord amps so my suggesstion would be, whatever you do, don't go near Chord
biggrin.png

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
boxer wrote:

uzzy wrote:
boxer wrote:
Of the suggestions made so far, I reckon the Mac is a better bet than the Krell for the Arcs.A used Audio Research integrated may be interesting if you can find one: should have enough grunt, but also a hint of warmth.

WB often use Chord amps at shows, but this seems a bit too "hi-fi" to my ears.

Do WB not distribute Audionet electronics? May be worth a shot?

Boxer
Oh we forgot the Levardin which I have not yet heard anyone diss. Also there is canary and EAR as well.

Bum in gear and get round the dealers.

Uzzy
Yeah, only heard good things about Lavardin, but do they have the power (as Papa, the man who knows, points out)?
You never know until you hook it up. Heard a Canary integrated rated at 20 watts a side destroying other muscle amps when it came to power and control.

Sensitivity

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I agree Uzzy - unfortunately the Arcs aren't sensitive and that main driver is so stiff.

The best i've heard them with valves was on Murray's 845 monoblocks.

Jasper

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
In the country, , Un
Could be dependent on which Audionet amps I suppose. The Sam V2 was a no-no for me, but haven't heard any others so could be worth a go with some of the others. I hear good things about some of the others in the range.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online