Linn Owners

PSA: Recalculate your SPACE optimisation!

Jail4CEOs2

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
AKA
LG G2 65 OLED
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
This has been mentioned in another very long thread, but I thought it should be more clearly surfaced for those not on a deep dive. Recently Linn has put a yellow warning notice "Old Room Version" next to each optimisation you have in SPACE optimisation version two. Select <details> on the three dot hamburger menu stuck opens a new window. Scroll to the bottom of that and mash the big RECALCULATE button. In a few minutes you'll have a completely new system.

Just the fact Linn has chosen to put a yellow warning label on your "old" optimizations should tell you something is definitely afoot, and that you should definitely mash the big blue button.

I recommend that you do some critical listening with your test tracks previous to doing the recalculation so you can hear the difference this free software update brings.

Reactions: Paulssurround

Baba Yaga

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 12, 2019
Baba Yaga‘s hut
AKA
BY
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I do have the yellow sticker next to all older optimizations but not next to the current one.

I did adjust temperature and humidity in the last one when I got the NGKDSM hub and I guess that is the reason for the ‚old room version‘ message next to the previous ones.

As far as I can tell nothing, particularly not the underlying model, has changed (it is still 3.0.1]. Funny that the temperature change is considered a ‚different room version‘.

entdgc

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 9, 2018
Congleton, England
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have seen the other thread but not been asked to recalculate so thought I would edit my room but didn't actually change any parameters. During the edit I got a warning that I would need to recalculate any optimisations that used this room...
Screenshot 2022-07-30 at 14.28.03.png

On finishing the edit I saw the yellow warnings for the first time...
Screenshot 2022-07-30 at 14.29.18.png
Clicking on the 3 dots menu next to an optimisation and choosing DETAILS gives the option to RECALCULATE...
Screenshot 2022-07-30 at 14.30.09.png
So this is the process but since the algorithm version number has not changed unless you are specifically asked to recalculate I do not believe you will hear any difference.

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
As far as I can tell nothing, particularly not the underlying model, has changed (it is still 3.0.1]. Funny that the temperature change is considered a ‚different room version‘.
I only have one room version, but have multiple SO profiles with different temperature and humidity values. I was getting the random involuntary changing of temperature and humidity when recalculating.

wildwildWes

SciLinntologist
Wammer
Jul 24, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was playing around trying to hear the reported sound quality gains but now it's not working and I've got no S.O. at all.

Hopefully will be resolved shortly. Reinstalling Konfig did not help this time.

• Sad
Reactions: akamatsu

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was playing around trying to hear the reported sound quality gains but now it's not working and I've got no S.O. at all.

Hopefully will be resolved shortly. Reinstalling Konfig did not help this time.
Been playing around with SO this morning. Things are loading rather slowly. Seems bogged down. But does eventually load.

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Been playing around with SO this morning. Things are loading rather slowly. Seems bogged down. But does eventually load.
Yep, it’ll be all those people who’d heard they had to recalculate every thing to hear the improvement.

’troll

• Haha
Reactions: Wenge1 and akamatsu

Sound Man

Wammer
Aug 7, 2020
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So this SO upgrade does it only apply to Exackt systems only? Does it apply to my passive system as well ?The SO on install was made on my dealers laptop not on my home pc.

Moomintroll

Fictional Character - not to be taken literally
Wammer
May 20, 2014
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
So this SO upgrade does it only apply to Exackt systems only? Does it apply to my passive system as well ?The SO on install was made on my dealers laptop not on my home pc.
It applies to all systems, it’s not Exakt specific. Your dealer should have set up your system via your Linn Account; you can log into that on your own PC.

’troll

wildwildWes

SciLinntologist
Wammer
Jul 24, 2020
Ottawa, Canada
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks Michael, I did and there were. Had to totally reset my position and the speakers'. Hopefully someday they'll figure out how to better preserve that data.

Reactions: akamatsu

Jail4CEOs2

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Dec 2, 2018
Taiwan
AKA
LG G2 65 OLED
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Yep, it’ll be all those people who’d heard they had to recalculate every thing to hear the improvement.

’troll
Sorry about that, I just posted to the Facebook groups too! Good call to check if the positions moved. I just checked and mine did not, but boy is the system sluggish compared to my recalculating yesterday.

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Funny that the temperature change is considered a ‚different room version‘.
I think I figured out to what you are referring. When I recalculated, the temperature and humidity where changed to match the current settings in the currently employed optimisation profile. So if the room was changed, T and H were associated with that room. It is possible to go in after recalculating and assign different T and H values to different profiles using just one room profile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online