Linn Owners

PSA: Recalculate your SPACE optimisation!

Baba Yaga

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 12, 2019
Baba Yaga‘s hut
AKA
BY
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Maybe someone still on SO1 could do two identical optimizations with moving the listening position by 30-40 cm back or forth being the only difference?
Would be interesting to know, whether the modes and particularly their calculated gains are identical or not.
As we all know it makes a huge difference if you sit in a node or antinode of a bass frequency (mode) and I was assuming that SO would account for that.

Reactions: akamatsu

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Would be interesting to know, whether the modes and particularly their calculated gains are identical or not.
I too have wondered about this. The mode frequencies wouldn't change, only the amplitudes. But SO will correct all ofending room modes, so would it really matter where you are seated to listen? I can move about and even get up and walk around the room without hearing much difference at all in the bass.

Last edited:
  • Upvote
Reactions: Moomintroll

akamatsu

Michael
Wammer Plus
Oct 9, 2018
Point Roberts, WA, USA (Vancouver)
AKA
Michael
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have reason to think that SO does not use listening positon to impact room mode optimisation nor boundary optimisation. I recently did SO in a system with unmeasured speakers and a Majik DSM. SO didn't ask for a listening position.

Edit: I seem to be repeating myself. See reply #40.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moomintroll

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online