Sep 18, 2011
East Sussex
www.realmusicnet.wordpress.com
AKA
Mac
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I doubt if any one box could beat your superb set up .tread carefully
I suspect you're right, but curious to hear a Luxman amp, particularly after reading all the love this one is getting.
Both brands are usually spoken about in the same breath, so would be good to judge for myself.
Mac

George 47

Subjectivist
Staff member
Jan 1, 2006
United Kingdom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

whitehart

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 18, 2011
East Sussex
AKA
Mac
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have just uploaded my comparison of the Luxman D-10X and D-07X CD/SACD players and the Luxman 507Z and 509X amplifiers: https://www.hifiwigwam.com/threads/luxman-d-07x-and-d-10x-with-luxman-507z-and-509x.119288/

It is not the usual longer comparison as it was done in my friendly local dealers Audio Consultants, but you should get the gist of the sounds. It was a great afternoon and every combination worked really well but the best was........
Really enjoyed the article, many thanks.
Mac

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Really enjoyed the article, many thanks.
Mac
There are some deals to be had on some of the Luxman outgoing amps. I was offered a 590 class A demo for 6k and a heavy reduction on a 509 but I wanted the latest technology which makes a significant difference to the amp. Sometimes these reviews in a demo room don’t often show you the finer nuances that came across in say my room on my system. It was a tight call on the 507z or the outgoing 509 but either are great choices. I still got a great deal on the 507z mainly because of the issues I’ve had but I have stuck with my dealer and he has stuck with me.
@whitehart, Mac, do you still have the Harbeth Monitor 40’s?

whitehart

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 18, 2011
East Sussex
AKA
Mac
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
There are some deals to be had on some of the Luxman outgoing amps. I was offered a 590 class A demo for 6k and a heavy reduction on a 509 but I wanted the latest technology which makes a significant difference to the amp. Sometimes these reviews in a demo room don’t often show you the finer nuances that came across in say my room on my system. It was a tight call on the 507z or the outgoing 509 but either are great choices. I still got a great deal on the 507z mainly because of the issues I’ve had but I have stuck with my dealer and he has stuck with me.
@whitehart, Mac, do you still have the Harbeth Monitor 40’s?
I've got the 40.3XD's, probably my last speaker.
As much as I like class A, would never go back to it.
Mac

Reactions: Rockchild

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've got the 40.3XD's, probably my last speaker.
As much as I like class A, would never go back to it.
Mac
Yes, I recall the faff but you got something rather special for the inconvenience. Before the Luxman choice, not one word of apology or interest from Exposure and since me talking about the issues with the 5010 pre, a few others have messaged me with the same or similar issues.

lowendall

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2009
Scotland
AKA
happy enough
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I’ve done 90dB before and I can assure you it gives a bigger soundstage and the room is 5m by 4m
I don't actually know but90 dB sound like it's going to be prity loud in a domestic space for full band music , I have in the past had a couple of sessions nice and loud when I had a much bigger room and playing along . To tracks .

Reactions: hiesteem

hiesteem

peacebro
Wammer
Feb 6, 2019
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's a great pity for Exposure and potential customers, but I am curious as to why they are not acknowledging there's a problem.
Perhaps it's policy and are on the quiet.
I don't think they are the first audio company to deny a problem exists.

whitehart

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 18, 2011
East Sussex
AKA
Mac
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Yes, I recall the faff but you got something rather special for the inconvenience. Before the Luxman choice, not one word of apology or interest from Exposure and since me talking about the issues with the 5010 pre, a few others have messaged me with the same or similar issues.
Yes, still can't believe how lucky I was... afraid once a Company lets me down, it takes something very special to win me round and Harbeth certainly did that.
Mac

whitehart

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 18, 2011
East Sussex
AKA
Mac
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's a great pity for Exposure and potential customers, but I am curious as to why they are not acknowledging there's a problem.
Perhaps it's policy and are on the quiet.
I don't think they are the first audio company to deny a problem exists.
Agree and just as they seem to be gaining quite a favourable reputation too
Mac

Reactions: hiesteem

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Agree and just as they seem to be gaining quite a favourable reputation too
Mac
This thread will be helpful to anyone thinking of Exposure. The mono’s are something quite special and issues aside, the pre was able to demonstrate their ability much better than the integrated 3510 I was using as a pre before the 5010 pre arrived.
The Dealer and I concluded that it was definitely a gain issue (more so with XLR) and also an earthing problem. Not so with the remote operation, that was just an annoying clicking sound when you turned up the volume.
This was also apparent with the more costly 5010 mono’s
How a manufacturer can have the whole lot back, say they fixed it and come back exactly the same is a mystery to me.
My issue was duplicated at the dealers too.

hiesteem

peacebro
Wammer
Feb 6, 2019
AKA
Pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
This thread will be helpful to anyone thinking of Exposure. The mono’s are something quite special and issues aside, the pre was able to demonstrate their ability much better than the integrated 3510 I was using as a pre before the 5010 pre arrived.
The Dealer and I concluded that it was definitely a gain issue (more so with XLR) and also an earthing problem. Not so with the remote operation, that was just an annoying clicking sound when you turned up the volume.
This was also apparent with the more costly 5010 mono’s
How a manufacturer can have the whole lot back, say they fixed it and come back exactly the same is a mystery to me.
My issue was duplicated at the dealers too.
Yes it's just not good enough. When we part with this sort of cash, support is part of why I am paying a firm. It's also why I stay with Restek. I know their stuff is superbly made through 25 years of ownership. I am not convinced I would get that longevity from many manufacturers. I hope I am wrong because sound quality and build quality is what I look for in equipment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.