When a used gear purchase goes wrong

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm not in any way trying to deflect or trivialise the terrible service that's being offered on this occasion. Really, there ought to be no quibble about accepting these speakers back and issuing a full refund. Especially as the attempted "repair" has left them in an even worse condition than they were in the first place, so not much of a fix!

What I did want to point out is that this particular business has a few different branches, who operate on a franchised basis. This bad experience with "head office" may very well not reflect the standards that the other branches offer their customers.

Although I've not actually made a purchase from them, I did have an amp on loan for over a month last year, facilitated from another branch although actually handled by HO. There was no pressure to make a decision, or to hurry up. When I decided it wasn't for me, there was no issue with arranging the collection and return.

Stick to your guns, @tuga, you are within your rights to demand a full refund. I hope you get it sorted, and can also find a replacement set of speakers

StingRay

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Apr 27, 2016
Suffolk coast, UK
AKA
Ray
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I'm not in any way trying to deflect or trivialise the terrible service that's being offered on this occasion. Really, there ought to be no quibble about accepting these speakers back and issuing a full refund. Especially as the attempted "repair" has left them in an even worse condition than they were in the first place, so not much of a fix!

What I did want to point out is that this particular business has a few different branches, who operate on a franchised basis. This bad experience with "head office" may very well not reflect the standards that the other branches offer their customers.

Although I've not actually made a purchase from them, I did have an amp on loan for over a month last year, facilitated from another branch although actually handled by HO. There was no pressure to make a decision, or to hurry up. When I decided it wasn't for me, there was no issue with arranging the collection and return.

Stick to your guns, @tuga, you are within your rights to demand a full refund. I hope you get it sorted, and can also find a replacement set of speakers
But he did not buy it from the Head Office, he bought it from the one in Wales.

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Need some photos pls. 😁
Same finish as yours, I believe:

5MCQOC6.jpg

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks, he finally came this afternoon and all is well. It took three whole months but the saga is finally over.
Great that’s they have been fixed. You must really like them and they must have been a very good price to have put up with that.

What amp are you using these days?

Reactions: tuga

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Great that’s they have been fixed. You must really like them and they must have been a very good price to have put up with that.

What amp are you using these days?
I am still using the amp a friend made for me, minimalist circuit Class AB with dual external power supply. I've had it for 15 years and never felt I needed to replace it.
The downside is that I now have a vinyl record player and the amp has a single input.

Reactions: DomT

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles