Chord Signature?!

opusover21

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2007
Next door
AKA
Mrs Brown
Thinking of Signature as an upgrade but there seems to be a fair amount of love or hate it going on...whats up with it...can people who have tried it give some +/- regarding the speaker cable please??

Ta

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I've only had the i/cs which prolly sound similar (?).

I didn't like them much at the time - great transparency and detail, but a bit thin in the lower-mids and upper bass. They might not have suited my stand-mount spkrs I then had.

As you say, though, others luv 'em.

You pays your money ......

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
opusover21 wrote:

Thinking of Signature as an upgrade but there seems to be a fair amount of love or hate it going on...whats up with it...can people who have tried it give some +/- regarding the speaker cable please??Ta
I like it very much, I use it with matching jumpers in fact its the only speaker cable in years I have used none bi wired I did try it bi wired but found single run more to my taste

like any cable you need to try it before buying your local Chord dealer should be able to supply a demo pair

Not as dear and very good is the New Epic like that too

Think you might find the Bear uses it

Polarbear

Old bear
Wammer Plus
Jul 24, 2005
AKA
PB
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I used Signature cables between my Naim 500 and ART Emotions. I found they were wonderfully open and detailed but I found that with my combination the bass was overblown.

Like everything else you have to try it in your system and room and judge the results for yourself,

Regards

PB

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
JANDL100 wrote:

I've only had the i/cs which prolly sound similar (?).I hated them. Very similar to Nordost I thought, if that floats your boat.
It could be that this is a Flat Earth / Round Earth kind of thing.

I note that PB is a fully kitted out FE type of guy.

"Inyaface" as far as I am concerned re: the i/cs.

Fair enough - just not for me.

Biscuit

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
Cambs, , United King
but Dave uses Tannoys and (sometimes) valves - about as round earth as you can get

also, its no wonder opinions differ so widely when we all just imagine the differences
wink.png

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Biscuit wrote:

but Dave uses Tannoys and (sometimes) valves - about as round earth as you can getalso, its no wonder opinions differ so widely when we all just imagine the differences
wink.png
Curious ! :lmao: OK - not a FE thing then.

Not sure I "just imagined" my music soundgarstly with the Chord Sig i/cs, though.

Anyway, 'nuff from me.
47_47.gif.482d183844f69ef6dec537ae753f214d.gif

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Whoops - I jus' noticed your new around here!!

Hi opusover21.

Welcome to the tent!

.... cables can be a leetle contentious around here !
wink.gif.25d7e4815f6a2fee62f4117deebb27e0.gif

(Good fun, though)

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Biscuit wrote:

but Dave uses Tannoys and (sometimes) valves - about as round earth as you can getalso, its no wonder opinions differ so widely when we all just imagine the differences
wink.png
like rats there is always a valve amplifier within 4 meters of my speakers
smile.png

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Davewhityetagain wrote:

Biscuit wrote:
wink.png
smile.png
like clothes more like.....boom tish

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Polarbear wrote:

I used Signature cables between my Naim 500 and ART Emotions. I found they were wonderfully open and detailed but I found that with my combination the bass was overblown.Like everything else you have to try it in your system and room and judge the results for yourself,

Regards

PB
Are you using Epic now ?

Davewhityetagain

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
, ,
Papa Lazarou wrote:

Davewhityetagain wrote:
Biscuit wrote:
wink.png
smile.png
like clothes more like.....boom tish
:raoflmfao:bitch :lmao:

opusover21

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2007
Next door
AKA
Mrs Brown
blimey! so back in the real world...Chord or Towshend? no-on ehas really a bad thing to say about the townshend isolda?

Hawk

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 25, 2005
Herts, United Kingdo
opusover21 wrote:

blimey! so back in the real world...Chord or Towshend? no-on ehas really a bad thing to say about the townshend isolda?
What are you using at the moment? and what would you like to acheive soundwise by upgrading?

Re the Signature Ive tried the speaker cable myself and thought it was OK, but if Im honest it didn't do anything to convince me it was worth the outlay over the Oddysey 4 I was using at the time.

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
opusover21 wrote:

I had the Townhend Isolda for quite a while. Nice cable - not quite as good as the hype, IMO. But good vfm.

But open and detailed and wide bandwidth and good stage depth.

Yup - of the 2 I'd def go for the Isolda.

TBH - if you buy a set of either 2nd hand, you can always sell them on again for what you paid .... so give it a go.

Polarbear

Old bear
Wammer Plus
Jul 24, 2005
AKA
PB
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Davewhityetagain wrote:

Polarbear wrote:
I used Signature cables between my Naim 500 and ART Emotions. I found they were wonderfully open and detailed but I found that with my combination the bass was overblown.Like everything else you have to try it in your system and room and judge the results for yourself,

Regards

PB
Are you using Epic now ?
Nope, Nordost Frey, its a long story :lmao:

Although I would say the Epic produced a better balance between the ART's and Naim.

Theo

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 8, 2007
Lincs, UK
AKA
is long
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi all

New here - I use bi-wired Signature between my Exposure 16 Mono p/a and the Neat MFS': also use the new Indigo between pre and power. In each case the sound just opened up, and the additional detail ws phenomenal. Love em, can't live without em, etc.

Theo

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
^^ Another Flat Earther giving the Chord Sigs a
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif

I do see a bit of a pattern here.
smile.png
... despite the odd dissenter ... (hi PB)

Theo

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 8, 2007
Lincs, UK
AKA
is long
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Funny - never thought of myself as a "flat earther", just a music lover

Forum statistics

Threads