Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Theo wrote:

Funny - never thought of myself as a "flat earther", just a music lover
Naim Exposure Neat ... errr ... sorry, but FE it is!

Yes, I'm suspicious oflabels too - but they can be handy.

There's nothing "wrong" with FE - if you enjoy the music thru it then
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif
- but it is a distinctive approach IMO.

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Here's a pair of Chord Siggies on eBay. 3.5m pair. 3 days to go.

EBAY_LINK

You can always (well, almost always) sell them on again at minimal ££loss if they aren't for you.

And here's some more EBAY_LINK - in fact, this guy's got two 3m pairs on auction. But his Feedback does look a bit iffy - just a bit.

Theo

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 8, 2007
Lincs, UK
AKA
is long
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Hi Jerry

Why thank you - it's nice in here...

Looking at replacing the Naim CDS1 with an Esoteric X03 SE - not sure what shape my earth will then be.

Papa Lazarou

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 18, 2005
Bletchley, Bucks
AKA
Phil
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Theo wrote:

Hi JerryWhy thank you - it's nice in here...

Looking at replacing the Naim CDS1 with an Esoteric X03 SE - not sure what shape my earth will then be.
Different......but in a good way i should think.

dudywoxer

Looking for a bigger stirring stick
Wammer
Jul 19, 2005
sunny scunny
AKA
colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Theo wrote:

Like a lot of us round here, a bit oval

opusover21

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2007
Next door
AKA
Mrs Brown
Current cable is Transparent Wave 200 which is miles better than the odyssey I was using much more musical..I would stick to transparent but the new costs are pretty horrific… and not on such sites as eBay that freq with the new MM boxes..plenty of older examples around but these are more like hose pipes..

Polarbear

Old bear
Wammer Plus
Jul 24, 2005
AKA
PB
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
JANDL100 wrote:

^^ Another Flat Earther giving the Chord Sigs a
thumbs_up.gif.3c8ee62eda0e86146178ab30b9facd86.gif
.I do see a bit of a pattern here.
smile.png
... despite the odd dissenter ... (hi PB)
I just call it as I hear it
biggrin.png

Sastusbulbas

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 19, 2006
Edinburgh, , United
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Theo wrote:

Hi allNew here - I use bi-wired Signature between my Exposure 16 Mono p/a and the Neat MFS': also use the new Indigo between pre and power. In each case the sound just opened up, and the additional detail ws phenomenal. Love em, can't live without em, etc.

Theo
I have to agree with Theo here, I feel the signature to be quite open and detailed.

I also think that it gives the sort of quality one would have to pay twice as much for with brands such as Transparent or Nordost.

I use Chord Signature between my Krell power amp and Kef R107's and am quite happy with its performance, which I believe to be quite consistent from bass through to treble.

Theta, Krell and Kef are not flat earth are they ?

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Theo wrote:

Def gettinga bit lumpy, I think.
smile.png

.......... Jeepers, guys. Look, there's nowt wrong with a Flat Earth approach - loads of folks get real musical satisfaction out of it - but it is distinctively different IMO. Nothings perfect, and a FE approach just has a different ordering of priorities.

IME & IMO Chord Siggies put rhythm and timing beforeneutral tonality and soundstaging. I call that a FE approach - you can call it a wet kipper if you like.
wink.png

mosfet

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Richard
Three hundred quid for some foam core RG213 and techflex, oh yes Chord are laughing all the way to the bank at your expense.

rofl.gif.57a0859802223cfb25763a5f876a4be6.gif

I’ve got about 30m of “Chord Signature†connecting my telly aerial if anyone wants to make me a reasonable offer? Start the bidding at £2k?

Sastusbulbas

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 19, 2006
Edinburgh, , United
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have always thought of Chord cables to be pretty neutral , and the performance consistent from system to system. I use Chord Chameleon silver plus, Chord Chorus and Chord Anthem interconnects in balanced and single ended applications with various equipment, and have used Rumour, Odyssey and Signature speaker cables with various speakers and unlike DNM, Ecosse, Van Den Hul etc it seems to my ears that Chord is less system dependent ?

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Sastusbulbas wrote:

I have always thought of Chord cables to be pretty neutral , and the performance consistent from system to system. I use Chord Chameleon silver plus, Chord Chorus and Chord Anthem interconnects in balanced and single ended applications with various equipment, and have used Rumour, Odyssey and Signature speaker cables with various speakers and unlike DNM, Ecosse, Van Den Hul etc it seems to my ears that Chord is less system dependent ?
Fair enough. I have much more limited experience of Chord cables - the original Solid i/c some years back and more recently the Siggie i/c. I thought they had a very different sound. The Solid was a little smooth and laid back, nice though - (andused as a digi cable, stonking bass !!) - the Siggie anything but!

But Isuspect that a lot of "cable sound" has to do with interactions with the kit they are used with.

You've just got to try these things and see.

Anyway, one person's inyaface and aggressive is another person's exciting "you are there" foot-tapping experience.

rockmeister

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 24, 2005
Scotland
AKA
John
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Opus.... dont worry...there are times when you can ask a question and get helpful answers here, without such vociferous opinion, but not often when the word 'cable'is in the thread...seems to bring out the character in some of us:)

FWIW, I had a few Chord cables in my time and found them good as most things. If I had the choice between chord and townshend, I'd buy townshend, but I agree that it is more system dependent...its very clean sounding and can be cold and hard in the wrong set up...all my Op of course.

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
rockmeister wrote:

Opus.... dont worry...there are times when you can ask a question and get helpful answers here, without such vociferous opinion, but not often when the word 'cable'is in the thread...seems to bring out the character in some of us
smile.png
FWIW, I had a few Chord cables in my time and found them good as most things. If I had the choice between chord and townshend, I'd buy townshend, but I agree that it is more system dependent...its very clean sounding and can be cold and hard in the wrong set up...all my Op of course.
:goodone:Yup, that sounds about right IMO.

mosfet

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Surrey
AKA
Richard
Would it be helpful to post a weblink for the same cable Chord use for their Signature cables but costing a few euros a meter?

It’s not me that’s taking the piss. But feel free to continue to gas about the sound of TV co-ax if you prefer.

JANDL100

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Dec 5, 2006
Forest of Dean, Glos
AKA
Jerry
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
nixon_fiend wrote:

how do chord engineer 'rhythm and pace' into a cable?
wacko.png
Same as Nordost - they contrive things so as to thin out the lower midrange andbass- this loses tonal colour but the music seems quicker.

At least, that's the way it sounds to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online