Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
May 27, 2012
north wales
AKA
pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
yes the motor sit's in the rubber shroud( shock)which is glued into the top of the motor pod and located by a grove in the top ,

the other is the toilet doughnut ,

Balle Clorin

Wammer
Nov 23, 2020
Does Anyone know the weight of a Gyro SE excluding the motor, or the motor pad weight itself? I need the weight to calculate the correct softness of sorbothane feet for my SE

Edit, managed to weight it in place. 1200gram

Last edited:
Reactions: gwernaffield

lostwin

Tinker Bod
Wammer Plus
Nov 26, 2018
Folkestone, Kent
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Michell have been teaseing pictures of the new feet all day on FB:p
Presumably rubber type isolation in them. I quite like Pete’s Pads as the rubber sits against the plinth whereas these are separated within the foot itself.

I am hatching plans for a hybrid damped spring/ suspension post collar mash up of Pete’s and Michell’s changes, might reconsider the feet too now.

Anyone tried the new rubber coated springs from Michell?

gwernaffield

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
May 27, 2012
north wales
AKA
pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
just set up with the frequency matched platter and the orbe , , well i am impressed with both , the frequency matched platter is more like the orbe, as for the 2 x20mm thick spiders they have helped in keeping the deck from moving and improved the wow , the deck seems to stay put , the 12 inch pu7 tone arm tracking is spot on and sounds great ,

Attachments

• gyro 1.jpg
    gyro 1.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 18
  • gyro 2.jpg
    gyro 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • gyro 3 ,.jpg
    gyro 3 ,.jpg
    689 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

I.D.S.

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 14, 2021
just set up with the frequency matched platter and the orbe , , well i am impressed with both , the frequency matched platter is more like the orbe, as for the 2 x20mm thick spiders they have helped in keeping the deck from moving and improved the wow , the deck seems to stay put , teh 12 pu7 tone arm tracking is spot on and sound great ,
I have found by using a wooden based racking (Hutter) the deck is less inclined to move,and still feel rubber(?) tipped feet would be better than points if on anything else.
Deck looks great with that 12" arm even the armboard looks factory.

Reactions: gninnamag

gwernaffield

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
May 27, 2012
north wales
AKA
pete
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I have found by using a wooden based racking (Hutter) the deck is less inclined to move,and still feel rubber(?) tipped feet would be better than points if on anything else.
Deck looks great with that 12" arm even the armboard looks factory.
the gyro spider is just not thick enough, to take the weight over time they can start to bend , when building this from parts off eBay , i decided to get the spider made from 20mm acrylic and then use the same as the orb set up , that is why there are 2 , the arm board was factory from TPA who worked out the correct position then manufactured it , the platters were purchased direct from Michell over the past year , the acrylic platter is from TPA, the Bearing is MIchell with ceramic bearing ball, and the suspension is mine, the deck is still a gyro , the motor is michell with a odyssey pod bought from michell , feet are michell and pads, Arm is Audio origami PU7 12"

huwge

Wammer
Wammer
May 11, 2007
Cymru
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
it's worth clarifying where we are at occasionally I reckon ....
Orbe SE -> Orbe proper (still have the spiders) NC power supply
Twin belt spindle, Michel belts
Pederson armboard
Petes Pylons
Petes Feet
SME V with AN Ioii (the most important bit? with the ANS 3Ag of course)
Disinclined to move on unless ...
Biggest recent upgrade? Taking it all apart for room redecoration, cleaning, putting it all back together

Attachments

• IMG_1026.jpeg
    IMG_1026.jpeg
    506.3 KB · Views: 6

Balle Clorin

Wammer
Nov 23, 2020
On my iPad, there’s a menu (three dots highlighted in this screenshot). I can see three dots higher up on yours. Just play around and you’ll find it!

79B5392D-E455-41B9-82E9-CA6FA7E04F7E.jpeg
Sadly I cannot find any 3 dots, the dot you saw in my snapshot leads to browser history a favorites. I deactivated every considerable setting in Settings. Still can’t get rid of the stupid coulumn to the right , can any moderators please help.

• Sad
Reactions: Nopiano

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Forum statistics