Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The "corona virus thoughts" thread ran to 20 pages before the announcement was made that this year's shw is to be postponed until later in the year. Absoultely the right decision, though a dificult one to make I'm sure.

I thought it might be appropriate to start a new thread where we can muse about what might have been, express our relief that someone else has made this brave decision for us, find out whether pork pies can be posted (insured, naturally), etc. So here it is.

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The "corona virus thoughts" thread ran to 20 pages before the announcement was made that this year's shw is to be postponed until later in the year. Absoultely the right decision, though a dificult one to make I'm sure.

I thought it might be appropriate to start a new thread where we can muse about what might have been, express our relief that someone else has made this brave decision for us, find out whether pork pies can be posted (insured, naturally), etc. So here it is.
at least I haven't ordered any pies!

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was nervous about the risk, I have to say, but was also so looking forward to catching up with so many of you. I was also looking forward to sharing the joy of my Posselt Albatrosses. And drinking beer. And eating curry. And hearing some fabulous sounds.

Live to fight another day and all that.

Tony_J

Gone fishin'
Staff member
Mar 4, 2013
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I was nervous about the risk, I have to say, but was also so looking forward to catching up with so many of you. I was also looking forward to sharing the joy of my Posselt Albatrosses. And drinking beer. And eating curry. And hearing some fabulous sounds.

Live to fight another day and all that.
Agree with all of the above. Very sad not to be able to catch up with old friends, but we can do that later in the year hopefully.

• Upvote
Reactions: joolz and greybeard

h.g.

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 2, 2013
Setting aside that I had to pull out due to not being able to make the weekend (!) it is the correct decision in my view. The country is very likely to be locked down like Italy in 10 days or so time and so avoiding the appearance of contributing to what is coming has to be correct.

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

Fourlegs

WAVE Digital Cables
Wammer
May 5, 2014
Melton Mowbray
www.wavehighfidelity.com
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
I was also looking forward to sharing the joy of my Posselt Albatrosses. And drinking beer. And eating curry. And hearing some fabulous sounds.
You will just have to do all of that at home instead and if you can get Mrs TheFlash to wear a blindfold you might even get a bit more fun than you bargained for . . .

But seriously, with the availability of smart phone videos with their 'I thought I was in the room' quality is it not possible that the exhibitors could post a video of their Keggy systems.

The only downside I can see is that we might find that some systems sound better over the video than in real life . . . . . xD :p ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Funkpig

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 19, 2013
Oakham
AKA
Tony
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Probably the right decision. I do hope Peter isn't left out of pocket, the Beast from the East and then this "Beast from the East mk2" in 3 years is just not fair.

Reactions: Lawrence001

Knipester

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Jul 29, 2014
Leeds
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Peter/mods I think you have made the right decision given the rapidly changing and at times unclear nature of this virus. Let’s take it upon all ourselves as a forum community to support Peter and the team to make sure this is merely a postponement. 

it’s going to be a rubbish weekend given how much I was looking forward to the show.

Ward

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 14, 2010
AKA
Ward
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bugger, just got back from France to see that this difficult decision has wisely been made, shame as I had a nice selection of cheeses plus a bit of pate to go with some wine on Saturday night.  I'll still be driving up though a day later and stop at the Yew tree as I had also arranged to audition a pair of ATC SCM50 ASLT speakers on Monday.

eddie-baby

Wammer
Wammer
Feb 28, 2009
Pembrokehsire
AKA
Eddie
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
But seriously, with the availability of smart phone videos with their 'I thought I was in the room' quality is it not possible that the exhibitors could post a video of their Keggy systems.

The only downside I can see is that we might find that some systems sound better over the video than in real life . . . . . xD :p
Yeah lets do it!

Still disastrous news about the show though. Can we just downgrade it from a public event to a bake-off, I cant see those rooms selling out. I still dont want to accept it do I :nup:

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
You will just have to do all of that at home instead and if you can get Mrs TheFlash to wear a blindfold you might even get a bit more fun than you bargained for . . .

The only downside I can see is that we might find that some systems sound better over the video than in real life . . . . . xD :p ;)
Did you seriously just say "but seriously"?

Don't divert the thread! Eddie will be along in a minute, convinced that this really is a way to hear what a systems sounds like, and I'll have to get very very cross.

EDIT: bugger, he has!

Yeah lets do it!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: greybeard

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Gutted , so looking forward to this as I have done for the past two years. Will not be seeing my Croft OTL either so have to wait justa ittle longer . If as has been stated this is just a postponed please do not arrange for May as will be in Ibiza on 16th May for my wife Linda,s birthday and there is no way i can cancel that .

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Gutted , so looking forward to this as I have done for the past two years. Will not be seeing my Croft OTL either so have to wait justa ittle longer . If as has been stated this is just a postponed please do not arrange for May as will be in Ibiza on 16th May for my wife Linda,s birthday and there is no way i can cancel that .
I have no info but I would have thought autumn is more likely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.