Not open for further replies.

Ed Howarth

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Apr 17, 2012
Isle of Mull
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Gutted. Was taking my stuff to Tony's this aft to pack his car and working out when the rain showers were going to be, and ready for setting off 7.30 tomorrow. So thanks for making the decision sooner rather than later.

Feel sorry for Peter and the other organisers who have put so much effort in. I am sure everyone will give you all the support we can.

aggers

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 2, 2012
Kent
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A very brave but sad decision, so well done all who were involved in the decision making to postpone it.  I'm sure everyone was looking forward to a weekend of music, catching up and general fun but there's bigger things in life. I was looking forward to showing off all the tweaks that I've done to my system, at least I haven't boxed up the Quads yet! Hope to catch up with you all again later in the year when we are all in a better and safer place.  Take care everyone and remember to always use 60% alcohol.

60 proof.jpg

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Disappointed would be a massive understatement. Like others, I've been looking forward immensely to this, and like others, I've been putting a lot of work into various bits of the system. I shall order a whacking great curry for Sunday night here to at least partly make up for it.

It's obviously the sensible decision though. It was becoming increasingly inevitable that someone attending might have the virus, even unknowingly. With airborne transmission highly likely in relatively confined spaces, it was approaching inevitable that a good number of us would end up catching it.

On the bright side, postponing it a few months gives me more time to glue together some even more pointlessly complex valve stuff :D

v1nn1e

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 18, 2010
Surrey, , United Kin
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
My sympathies to the organisers.

Haven't been for a few years so was looking forward to this one.

I'll keep an eye out for dates later in the year. Let's hope this thing is sorted soon!

• Upvote
Reactions: Maverick

Beobloke

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 29, 2005
AKA
Adam
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
That’s a relief! Now I can take my time this weekend on the repairs and fettling that I was going to have to panic-bodge tonight!
smile.png

Seriously though, I’m disappointed but I quite understand why it has been done. Will look forward to another attempt later in the year.

Reactions: greybeard

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer
Wammer Plus
Feb 6, 2010
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Disappointed would be a massive understatement. Like others, I've been looking forward immensely to this, and like others, I've been putting a lot of work into various bits of the system. I shall order a whacking great curry for Sunday night here to at least partly make up for it.

It's obviously the sensible decision though. It was becoming increasingly inevitable that someone attending might have the virus, even unknowingly. With airborne transmission highly likely in relatively confined spaces, it was approaching inevitable that a good number of us would end up catching it.

On the bright side, postponing it a few months gives me more time to glue together some even more pointlessly complex valve stuff :D
Look Richard if you are finding yourself at a loose end I have always wanted a AN style DAC so you could construct one and let me pay for the parts and your time . Just try and keep it in one box.

Headcoat

Wammer
Wammer Plus
Feb 15, 2006
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
The right decision. Feel very sorry for you all, especially those who've already put effort, time and money in. I'm going to do my best to be there on any new date. I'll even try and bring a case of Cheltenham's finest Deya beer for the exhibitors to try. 

Just a suggestion but why not do a listening party online on Saturday night? People could take it in turn to dj. Is this even possible?

AntA

Well-Known Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
Broadway Worcs
AKA
Tony
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I know I'm being selfish but I'm pleased it has been postponed. It was a bit far from where I live to attend but when I move it will only be just over an hour away from home so I will definitely come along later in the year.

Looking forward to it! 

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I suspect that if the show was to go ahead, other exhibitors would have decided to pull out, visitor numbers would have been well down on previous years, and there would have been a cloud (metaphorical!) hanging over the event with concerns every time someone sniffed, the wierdness of nodding at fellow wammers rather than shaking hands, etc. Much better to bite the bullet and regroup later in the year.

Still gutted though!

bohemian

Wammer
Wammer
Oct 4, 2008
London uk
AKA
Chris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Immensely disappointed naturally, but on balance the right move. I hope the new dates when available will be free on my calendar - trip to Cologne already in jeopardy and trip to Czechia in the summer I hope will be ok - I was so looking forward to this. My wife was looking forward to 4 days of peace and quiet too!

I feel for those of you who have worked so hard, both on the organizing side and the exhibitors who have tweaked systems and battled adversity in getting their gear ready.

I look forward to seeing you all later in the year.

Reactions: dari and bencat

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I know I'm being selfish but I'm pleased it has been postponed. It was a bit far from where I live to attend but when I move it will only be just over an hour away from home so I will definitely come along later in the year.

Looking forward to it! 
Top wamming: moving house to be closer to the show. :notworthy:

Maverick

Staff member
Jun 24, 2013
Huddersfield,W.Yorks
AKA
Paul
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Immensely disappointed naturally, but on balance the right move. I hope the new dates when available will be free on my calendar - trip to Cologne already in jeopardy and trip to Czechia in the summer I hope will be ok - I was so looking forward to this. My wife was looking forward to 4 days of peace and quiet too!

I feel for those of you who have worked so hard, both on the organizing side and the exhibitors who have tweaked systems and battled adversity in getting their gear ready.

I look forward to seeing you all later in the year.
lots of good positive posts, very much appreciated guys

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
In agreement with everyone else ..its sad but a difficult decision had to be made...

The Wam will always have the support of all its members for sure..

In light of this decision I will cancel my bake off piss up , to celebrate my house move.. 

Hopefully I will have everything up and running in our new house in the not to distant future , and when we overcome this gradually worsening situation i will have a proper bake off and all will be welcome..

It's what it is.....friends are forever , a weekend is not...

Kindest regards Julian 

Rockchild

Formerly Radiant Red 🎶
Wammer Plus
Jun 22, 2011
Launceston UK
AKA
Jonathan
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just wondering if it might be appropriate to perhaps start a charity fund of some description for the NHS dealing with all this? Maybe a raffle for a peace of audio equipment that could be presented at the next show? Just a thought.

if I’m talking crap, just tell me, logistics might be an issue? 

• Upvote
Reactions: bigrod

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Looking forward to it! 
My move is even closer..5 min off junc 26 M1 Eastwood..

Kegworth is less than 15min down the M1

Kindest regards Julian 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online