Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just wondering if it might be appropriate to perhaps start a charity fund of some description for the NHS dealing with all this? Maybe a raffle for a peace of audio equipment that could be presented at the next show? Just a thought.

if I’m talking crap, just tell me, logistics might be an issue? 
Many of us would be paying an admission fee..DONATE THE FEE.

Kindest regards Julian 

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J

bigrod

Super Wammer .. Pussy 🐈 lover
Wammer
Mar 12, 2013
D H LAWRENCE TOWN
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
this some kind of druid worship thing?  9_9
It's where D H Lawrence lived..

Lady Chatterleys lover and all that..

Although he penned that novel in the ships room at the Canarvon pub in Teversal apparently. 

Kindest regards Julian 

rabski

Everything in moderation
Staff member
Dec 2, 2006
Kettering
AKA
Richard
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Look Richard if you are finding yourself at a loose end I have always wanted a AN style DAC so you could construct one and let me pay for the parts and your time . Just try and keep it in one box.
It's effectively what the valve DAC will be Andrew. It was going to be 'just' an AD1865-based board with a valve output stage. As I know have some unexpected extra time, I may well do it closer to the AN basis, by using tansformers for the IV conversion. If it works, I'll quite possibly build a second one, so I'll keep in touch!

Reactions: Tony_J and bencat

plasticpenguin

Legend Wammer
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Bookham, Surrey
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
It's definitely the sensible decision. Given that there'll be many people confined in a single space, if someone sneezes, and may only be dust, people will naturally start to worry.

Under the circumstances, it's a good decision. Well done to the moderators.

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J and dari

g8ina

Wammer
Wammer
Mar 26, 2019
Northampton UK
AKA
David W Harris
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Really tough decision but I believe is the right one, my sympathies with the organisers, must have been difficult to say the least. Hope to see you all later in the year.

Im happy to donate a turntable for a raffle to fund raise for NHS :)

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just wondering if it might be appropriate to perhaps start a charity fund of some description for the NHS dealing with all this? Maybe a raffle for a peace of audio equipment that could be presented at the next show? Just a thought.

if I’m talking crap, just tell me, logistics might be an issue? 
You're not talking crap... but the NHS isn't short of funds. It is short of people.

• Upvote
Reactions: Tony_J and ian917

dari

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 1, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
been constantly debating this with my wife: to go or not to go; our son's not feeling well ( hand, mouth and foot disease last week and higher temperature, cough and blocked nose now) I was going to photograph the show and was really looking forward to it but now it's a right decision to postpone the show; like all of you I have peace of mind that I wont miss it in case I couldn't go; once we have a new date I will definitely mark it red on my wall calendar so the family members know I'm not available, I'm at the show. 

hope you all stay safe and healthy!

TheFlash

Also available in pink
Wammer
Jun 22, 2013
Rural Leics [system 1] & Kendal [systems 2 & 3]
AKA
Nigel
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I wonder who might be taking what financial hit a little closer to home. Hotel costs, exhibitors who have paid for rooms, wasted expenditure on door posters, show guides etc.

Once the calc are done, there may be a hat going round for contributions to this.

Someone is going to be saying "ouch".

dave

incurable tinkerer
Wammer
Mar 24, 2014
cambs
AKA
dave
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Thanks for saving me (us) from 48 hrs of painful deliberating. Just picked up the Mrs from Addenbrookes to find they now have their first confirmed case...  so where do we post /host  our mp3s of our home stereos.... First virtual HiFi show, put pursuit of perfect systems out of business ! (humor).

Nopiano

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jul 19, 2016
Monmouthshire, Wales
AKA
Nick
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I wonder who might be taking what financial hit a little closer to home. Hotel costs, exhibitors who have paid for rooms, wasted expenditure on door posters, show guides etc.

Once the calc are done, there may be a hat going round for contributions to this.

Someone is going to be saying "ouch".
Yes, I was wondering the same.  Having just renewed my Super Wammer sub, maybe if more could sign up it would be quite a few extra £20 subs coming Peter’s way?

freefallrob

Mazda RX-8 & Subaru fan.
Wammer
Nov 9, 2018
Swanwick
AKA
Rob
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
What a shame, I was looking forward to this and catching up with everyone but totally understand the reasons why, it's probably the right decision  :^ .

greybeard

Super Wammer
Wammer
Mar 7, 2010
Cornwall
AKA
Colin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Just got in from work (I know part timer!), to see the sad news. But It is the correct decision, albeit a hard one for everyone to make, and for us to accept, as I know I look forward to this weekend all year, as I am sure many others do. Thank you to everyone, who has put in a lot of hard work getting this show on again this year, lets hope it is only a postponement, and we all can look forward to it again later in the year. 

Oh I suppose I had better cancel the curry!!

chebby

Wammer
Wammer
Aug 7, 2018
UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
53 minutes ago, plasticpenguin said:if someone sneezes, and may only be dust, people will naturally start to worry ...
If it’s anything like our Wilko this morning, if anyone sneezes they’d get battered to death with plastic hand trolleys full of toilet roll!

I went in for a stiff-bristled yard broom (their’s are excellent) and wild bird food.

(The way things are going the birds will soon be competing with us for food!)

Spider

Wammer
HiFi Trade
Mar 30, 2015
Chesterfield
HiFi Trade?
  1. Yes
Gutted

I was so looking forward to this weekend.

Feeling bad for all the people who work hard to put the show together and all the exhibitors who go to the effort to put on a room for others to enjoy.

I hope the hotel have been understanding and are fair with Peter about costs etc.

We've got 10 bags of fudge we were going to give away to the punters in our room I'll look like billy bunter by Sunday eve. Mmmmm fudge.

:(

joolz

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 18, 2017
Maidstone
AKA
Julian
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Bugger, Bugger, Bugger - but the right decision under the circumstances. I was looking forward to exhibiting & catching up with friends and seeing what changes everyone has made.

But at the end of the day, it's only a hi-fi show and there are more important things to consider. i wish everyone well and hope to see you all later in the year.

wizmax

"Inestimable" Reel to Reel expert
Wammer Plus
Sep 11, 2010
Hayling Island
AKA
Robin
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Very disappointed and sad but not entirely surprised by the decision which I think is the only sensible one that could have been taken.

Have decided that retail therapy is the only way to cheer myself up so I have just bought Dicy's  Puresound Rubato Copper Matt which will be placed on my Teccy SP10 when it comes to the re-arranged show, I will of course try it out beforehand.

I also want to thank all of those involved with organizing and postponing the show I can't imagine how much time,effort and money it takes to stage,  I will keep a look out for the hat. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles