ChemMan
Wammer
Aug 8, 2018
Brussels
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Perhaps because they don't add much/enough "spice".
Perhaps.    My research has been this thread and not much else I'm afraid.   And on some other threads, I've read that people are into how their TT looks.  IF looks entered in to my thinking I wouldn't have a microwave oven for an amp. :)

tuga

. . .
Wammer
Aug 17, 2007
Oxen's ford, UK
AKA
Ricardo
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
Perhaps.    My research has been this thread and not much else I'm afraid.   And on some other threads, I've read that people are into how their TT looks.  IF looks entered in to my thinking I wouldn't have a microwave oven for an amp. :)
I've listen to a friend's RPM 9 several times, I find it a perfectly competent turntable in the context of his system which I use as one of my references/benchmarks.

Jules_S

Wammer Plus
Wammer Plus
Jun 7, 2019
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
And a pretty thing it is too. I know aesthetics aren't the be-all and end-all but personally I think it makes a big difference to the ownership experience (unless you are one of these clever-clogs people who makes all their own kit, then you can justifiably ignore what I said)  :)

manicatel

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 12, 2009
Herts/Essex border
AKA
matt
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
A guy I know is a serious vinyl nut. Spends pretty serious money on high quality reissues, original pressings of classic albums etc etc. He just loves music.

He is more than happy with his RPM9 & 2m Blue cart with a reasonably modest system.

He could easily afford a higher spend if he wanted to.

Moral of the story is, if it gets your foot tapping & your head nodding with a smile on your face, bingo, you’ve got it sussed.

All the angst about DD vs belt drive, MC vs MM, Suspended vs rigid, doesn’t have to matter if you enjoy the music.

DomT

Food and coffee and rock n roll
Wammer Plus
Jul 23, 2019
Village near Nottingham.
AKA
Dom
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I must admit that I think that when younger that one of the best looking turntables ever was the Luxman PD131 but I never got to hear one. Then when Luxman launched the PD171 a few years ago I was curious. Had I not liked the sound I would not have bought it but it helped that it was fabulous looking. If I am going to spend a lot of money on something it needs to at least look nice. Anyway I think that your microwave is rather handsome 😜

• Haha
Reactions: ChemMan

uzzy

Grumpy Old Git
Wammer
Apr 16, 2006
NN38TA Northampton
AKA
David
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I must admit that I think that when younger that one of the best looking turntables ever was the Luxman PD131 but I never got to hear one. Then when Luxman launched the PD171 a few years ago I was curious. Had I not liked the sound I would not have bought it but it helped that it was fabulous looking. If I am going to spend a lot of money on something it needs to at least look nice. Anyway I think that your microwave is rather handsome 😜
Aye if i came across one of these Win Labs models I think I would have to buy it lol 

winlabs tt.jpg

Reactions: EddieRUKidding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online

No members online now.