Edinburgh rumpus

P

purplepleaser

Hi Guys,

I am now working Saturday 17th onnights. So will not be able to make .

Sorry:(

Lee

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
ok people, one week to go to 18th June. hope a few of you can still make it - don't be shy now:D.

can everyone still interested please let me know. I will then send you all a pm with my address and contact number.

i'm hoping to kick things off at midday 12pm. hope that's ok. if you can't turn up until a bit later it's not a problem, and if you only have an hour or so to spare don't feel like you can't pop in - just bring yourself along for a cup of tea and a quick listen and chat.

also can you let me know if you have any 'special dietary requirements'. champagne and caviar doesn't count. i'll put together something to chomp on.

we can do a kit check later this week, just to make sure some of you don't pack everything up, cart it all the way here and it ends up staying in the box.

laters

anthony

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
I'm still OK for it: reckon on bringing the Krell integrated & the little Slee phono stage, & associated I/Cs & power cords.

May even throw in some CDs no-one else will like....

Boxer

G

should be able to make it, can bring JR amp and stiletto monitors, or not bother.

Sastusbulbas

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 19, 2006
Edinburgh, , United
AKA
Steve
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
I am still up for this also, I will bring an EAR 834p phono stage for the afternoon just in case.

Not sure about bringing music, may get kicked out
biggrin.png
, but will see.

Dietary requirements, Ilike tea and coffee, but it has to have one level teaspoon of sugar, semi skimmed milk and be stirred anti clockwise by a :bounce:

Boxer

Wammer
Wammer
Nov 2, 2005
analoguekid wrote:

should be able to make it, can bring JR amp and stiletto monitors, or not bother.
Yeah, bring them: I'd certainly like to hear them.

Boxer

U

Umberto

I'm still up for it Anthony. May bring along the Bow (if Phil isn't bringing his
smile.png
).

chezi61

Wammer
Wammer
Jul 20, 2005
Fife , Scotland.
Hiya Anthony , I'm still OK for Sunday. I'll be travelling by train so won't bother bringing any kit , but will manage a few cd's.

No tea or coffee for me thanks , I'm an alcoholic.:lmao:

chezi.

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
chezi61 wrote:

Hiya Anthony , I'm still OK for Sunday. I'll be travelling by train so won't bother bringing any kit , but will manage a few cd's.No tea or coffee for me thanks , I'm an alcoholic.:lmao:

chezi.
cool. haymarket is five minutes walk away.

ditton

Wammer
Wammer
Sep 11, 2005
Edinburgh, ,
its down in my diary too, but would appreciate addy - did you post it or PM it?

I think I am bringing the picnic kit:

SonicT amp + Soundpax

I also have the following kit:

Music: AudioLab 8000T/Denon Cassette into AudioSynthesis ADX | (mod)Transcend with Ncode & AS Dax Decade | Bel Canto Evo4 | EPOS ES22s (HiFi L/R & AV surrounds) Hutter stands Goerst speaker cable AS SilverBlue

[FS: AudioLab 8000S, JMLab Electra 905s ]

AV: Toshiba SD 510 | Toshiba 32ZD26 | Meridian 561 (surround digital to Dax)| Flying Moles (L/C/R)| Gallo Due (centre) | Gallo Micro (front L/R) | Velo VX-10 sub.

but wont bring any of that unless there is demand.

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
haven't pm'd address or anything yet. waiting until tomorrow and will do them all in one go.

ditton - bring the picnic kit definitely. seem to have a fair amount of other stuff coming too so that's probably plenty.

still waiting for confirmation one way or the other from the following who expressed an initial interest:

snapper

enbee

iann

musicbox

crustyloafer

guys - let me know please
smile.png

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
kit check

i have the following kit noted from peoples pm's and posts:

Sources - Bow CD player (Umberto or Phil - sorry, don't know who Phil is but Umberto mentioned him:?), unnamed cdp (Nick), Rega Apollo (me)

Phono amps - EAR 834P (Sastusbulbas), Graham Slee (Boxer). to be honest boxer, i don't think it's worth bringing yours along. We may not even get round to listening to these at all.

Amps - Jeff Rowland (Paul/analoguekid), Krell (Boxer), Sonic T (Peter/ditton), Primaluna Prologue 2 (me)

Speakers - PMC OB1 (Chris/crustyloafer), Stiletto Monitors (Paul/analoguekid), Soundpax (Peter/ditton), Living Voice Avatar Mk2 (me)

Paul - i don't have any speaker stands, so if it too much hassle to bring those as well don't worry.

We could perhaps do with one more cdp, but there is plenty of other stuff to play with (probably too much actually).

if someone can bring a set of interconnects as well it would be useful, or even another set of speaker cable. just saves all the faffing around behind kit.

G

Anthony wrote:

kit checki have the following kit noted from peoples pm's and posts:

Sources - Bow CD player (Umberto or Phil - sorry, don't know who Phil is but Umberto mentioned him:?), unnamed cdp (Nick), Rega Apollo (me)

Phono amps - EAR 834P (Sastusbulbas), Graham Slee (Boxer). to be honest boxer, i don't think it's worth bringing yours along. We may not even get round to listening to these at all.

Amps - Jeff Rowland (Paul/analoguekid), Krell (Boxer), Sonic T (Peter/ditton), Primaluna Prologue 2 (me)

Speakers - PMC OB1 (Chris/crustyloafer), Stiletto Monitors (Paul/analoguekid), Soundpax (Peter/ditton), Living Voice Avatar Mk2 (me)

Paul - i don't have any speaker stands, so if it too much hassle to bring those as well don't worry.

We could perhaps do with one more cdp, but there is plenty of other stuff to play with (probably too much actually).

if someone can bring a set of interconnects as well it would be useful, or even another set of speaker cable. just saves all the faffing around behind kit.
Anthony, in all honesty, if you want to finish at some time on Sunday night, then perhaps the list needs a little (a lot)pruning, one or two kit changes is about all you'll manage, and some of them parcels is pretty big, (amps and their boxes, Crusty's speakers), how bigs your flat, I have a detached house, and with extra2 cdps, a dac , amp, and speakers and stands plus my kit, not to mention half a doz bodies, be no room left mate.

Anthony

Wammer
Wammer
Jan 9, 2006
Edinburgh, UK
HiFi Trade?
  1. No
analoguekid wrote:

Anthony wrote:
kit checki have the following kit noted from peoples pm's and posts:

Anthony, in all honesty, if you want to finish at some time on Sunday night, then perhaps the list needs a little (a lot)pruning, one or two kit changes is about all you'll manage, and some of them parcels is pretty big, (amps and their boxes, Crusty's speakers), how bigs your flat, I have a detached house, and with extra2 cdps, a dac , amp, and speakers and stands plus my kit, not to mention half a doz bodies, be no room left mate.
arrghh, ok. first time doing this so will take your advice. space is not a problem, can putkit between speakers and to the side, and havean adjoiningroom for putting boxes and whichever speakers/kit isn't being used. plenty of space for seating (i hope).

now, items to prune :Not Sure:- owners cansay if they can't be arsed bringing kit, or are prepared to bring it and be aware that it may not get listened to:

bow cdp vs. unnamed cdp from nick?

jeff rowland vs. Krell amp?

PMC OB1s vs. Stilleto monitors?

may be fun to give the picnic kit a quick listen (sonic T and soundpax).

let me know guys.

G

others may have different ideas anthony, but prolly best to listen to your kit, and then substitute the odd other componenet, otherwise you get very little time, not only do we need to move the like of the ob1's (not small) we also have to take your speakers out, boxes for amps etc are oftewn twice the size of the amps themselves. We'll not have mucjh time for listening to the music.

I don't have to bring kit, only suggested stilettos coz folks may want to hear them and they are affordable, maybe best if I leave the JR, or both? (I also have a pair of expression monitors, but again too much kit too little time if you know what I mean)

maybe best to see which kit YOU want to listen to, and then decide, no ones nose will be out of joint if you mention before they cart their stuff to your pad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reg66

Latest Articles

Wammers Online